Got:

KPL

Ragland

Erving

Fuller

3rd Round Pick

2nd Round Pick

4th Round Pick

I know I am missing some, but you guys can correct me.

I think I have to grade this pretty high. Granted no draft or FA period to factor in, but even if KPL and Erving never contribute, this looks like pretty solid building. Now a 3rd for Erving means I would at least see him be a solid swing Tackle.

But the players we gave up would not be starting for the Chiefs in 2019 regardless.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Releasing Cairo and getting butker was huge too. I think he had some things to do with drafting Mahomes. If he learned the good fro Dorsey and what not to do for cap space the we will have a good one. Just have to wait and see how his drafts go.

I wouldn’t include the Peters trade in this...his hand was forced by Clark...not fair to downgrade him for what he was made

To do

That's a fair assessment, now knowing this was 100% on Clark Hunt.   I would like the GM to have more sack though, and be persuasive enough explaining to the owner what a poor football decision it was.   Not that we know or don't know if Veach tried, but we know he didn't succeed, if he did try.  So he just comes off as a puppet to a meddlesome owner which is not a good look going forward.   

That's a fair assessment, now knowing this was 100% on Clark Hunt. I would like the GM to have more sack though, and be persuasive enough explaining to the owner what a poor football decision it was. Not that we know or don't know if Veach tried, but we know he didn't succeed, if he did try. So he just comes off as a puppet to a meddlesome owner which is not a good look going forward.

Meddlesome owner? How often has he been involved with the players here often? I wouod think Al Davis or Jerry Jones as meddlesome, not Hunt. He seems hands off but if he felt it hurt his business with whatever that was talked about, it is his team and his money after all.

Meddlesome owner? How often has he been involved with the players here often? I wouod think Al Davis or Jerry Jones as meddlesome, not Hunt. He seems hands off but if he felt it hurt his business with whatever that was talked about, it is his team and his money after all.

That's the definition of a meddlesome owner.  We know he also interfered in the Berry contract talks, and signed him when Dorsey didn't want to.  That's only the stuff we know.   

A plus. He upgraded LBs more in one subtle move than Dorsey had done in 5 offseason. There were several teams out there just starving for any legit kicker and he plucks a top five guy right out from beneath them. He was forced to give up our best corner, but responded by picking up a younger guy who actually had a better PFF grade last season. And he subtly added KPL for a purely special teams player who ended up playing an important nickel LB role. Flyers on high upside talent like Erving and Amerson still TBD.

And most importantly instead of saddling us to aging veterans with guaranteed extensions, he’s just cutting bait and moving on.

All this before he even gets to bat in the real player acquisition periods. The kid has been lights out. But as Moon said free agency and especially the draft is where core grades are earned.

A plus. He upgraded LBs more in one subtle move than Dorsey had done in 5 offseason. There were several teams out there just starving for any legit kicker and he plucks a top five guy right out from beneath them. He was forced to give up our best corner, but responded by picking up a younger guy who actually had a better PFF grade last season. And he subtly added KPL for a purely special teams player who ended up playing an important nickel LB role. Flyers on high upside talent like Erving and Amerson still TBD.

And most importantly instead of saddling us to aging veterans with guaranteed extensions, he’s just cutting bait and moving on.

All this before he even gets to bat in the real player acquisition periods. The kid has been lights out. But as Moon said free agency and especially the draft is where core grades are earned.

Great post.

That's the definition of a meddlesome owner.  We know he also interfered in the Berry contract talks, and signed him when Dorsey didn't want to.  That's only the stuff we know.   

you got a mouse in your pocket named "We"? you  like Sargent Shultz KNOW NOTHING!

Was he the reason we drafted Keivarae Russell?   

You can't have it both ways.  Dorsey gets credit for all the good picks and veach for the bad.

You need to temper those feelings for Dorsey.  He's a decent GM but give me a break about how great he is.  He put us in cap hell with aging players.  Do you ever see Pitts or NE management let their teams go that route - never.  If he was soo great why'd it take close to a year for someone to sign him and he went to Cleveland - NO ONE WANTS TO WORK IN CLEVELAND.  

There is no way a reasonable person can give Dorsey an A grade.  If he was soo talented the Chiefs would have kept him or another team would have jumped on the opportunity.  

There's probably alot more we don't know about his antics.

28 teams passed on a pro bowl corner in his prime on a rookie deal. It's almost unheard of unless there's serious issues.   

I'm slowly being persuaded to believe this may have been a good move to get rid of him. I hated the trade initially

https://mobile.twitter.com/SInow/status/968489854521790464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D314128%26page%3D46

Veach called 31 teams about a trade for Peters and 28 teams took a hard pass.

Geez talk about trying to sell a dead cow.

The King story is quite telling.

I just have a hard time believing an owner who allowed us to draft Tyreek Hill and a HC who brought back Michael Vick metely wants to give up and dump a player who wants to be here long term.

I honestly think Andy Reid considers what his players want and need. Sure Peters antics play a part in this and In the lack of comp we got but I really think Peters wasn't going to sign here long term and didn't like the direction of the team and trading Alex and so it was mutually beneficial to trade him. He wanted to be on the west coast and we wanted to get the most in return that also helped the player be where he wanted to be. Peters interview didn't indicate anything differently. I know we are all bummed but we will be fine. Our hopes as an org rest on Mahomes ability to develop into an elite qb not on retaining a wildly talented and hot tempers DB.

The King story is quite telling.

From the article:

Peters’ behavior had become erratic, apparently, capped by the Week 13 meltdown in the Meadowlands. The Chiefs decided they couldn’t trust his behavior anymore and, despite his playmaking ability, felt whatever they could fetch for him in trade would be better than Peters returning in 2018.

• His protests during the national anthem didn’t help—at various points he raised his fist, sat on the bench and stayed in the locker room—but weren’t the driving force behind a trade.

Archived