Grade card for Veach

I love you people who post from your phone, then don't look at what you wrote and what your phone autocorrected.

"Doncaster"...Priceless. :lol:

Fat fingered "to falter"

Always get an extra c, b or n when I try to use a space bar.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love you people who post from your phone, then don't look at what you wrote and what your phone autocorrected.

"Doncaster"...Priceless.  :lol:

It's about time a craze starts to utilize the word Doncaster to something more than a town name. We are just wasting a perfectly good word there.

Doncaster (n.): NFL term to indicate when sh*t hits the fan 

Regarding the Veach question. I agree that to really be fair we need to see him go through a draft and an off-season. Also want to see him in contract negotiations with a key player to see how he handles it. So far if I had to give a grade I would give him an A-. For the most part I have liked the moves he has made. The Peters thing looks like a force out by Clark Hunt which means he was given the task of getting the most he could get in a trade. I know early on we were all thinking a 1st rounder plus... but the # of suitors just wasn't there to do that. He got what he could get. Now its up to him to find talent in the draft and FA to recoup.

Regarding the Veach question. I agree that to really be fair we need to see him go through a draft and an off-season. Also want to see him in contract negotiations with a key player to see how he handles it. So far if I had to give a grade I would give him an A-. For the most part I have liked the moves he has made. The Peters thing looks like a force out by Clark Hunt which means he was given the task of getting the most he could get in a trade. I know early on we were all thinking a 1st rounder plus... but the # of suitors just wasn't there to do that. He got what he could get. Now its up to him to find talent in the draft and FA to recoup.

Well his first draft he will not have a first round pick at all. Curious to see him with full picks next year plus how he handles the waiver wire and cuts too from other teams.

Well his first draft he will not have a first round pick at all. Curious to see him with full picks next year plus how he handles the waiver wire and cuts too from other teams.

Agree with much of this. Regarding 1st round picks...generally to me that usually is the easiest pick to make. Everyone knows who the top 3 players are at each position so nailing down one of those shouldn't be rocket science. As average as Fisher has been at LT...he was still projected as a top 3 pick that year. I am interested in seeing how much Veach can cull from this draft without the luxury of a first round pick. That might tell us more about his abilities to evaluate.

Archived