Hali. Why hasn't he been cut yet?

Are they trying to convince him to retire?

They are trying to see if the other 40 million in guarantees that Dorsey promised him would hold up in court. Only kidding, I THINK! Heck releasing him still costs us 1.7 million in dead cap fees. Maybe they are trying to work around that somehow. 8.7 million last year for 3 tackles, he owes us a refund of what is probably the most ridiculous contract in Chiefs history. 

They are trying to see if the other 40 million in guarantees that Dorsey promised him would hold up in court. Only kidding, I THINK! Heck releasing him still costs us 1.7 million in dead cap fees. Maybe they are trying to work around that somehow. 8.7 million last year for 3 tackles, he owes us a refund of what is probably the most ridiculous contract in Chiefs history.

I don't know about the worse, Chester mcglockton comes to mind. 2 first round picks given up plus the money for 87 tackles in 3 years....

I don't know about the worse, Chester mcglockton comes to mind. 2 first round picks given up plus the money for 87 tackles in 3 years....

RIP Chester. He was indeed a bust. But we only gave up a 2nd rounder to get the dominant defensive lineman who had worn out his welcome in Oakland after walking to sideline of 1997 game and asking Marty to sign him.

RIP Chester. He was indeed a bust. But we only gave up a 2nd rounder to get the dominant defensive lineman who had worn out his welcome in Oakland after walking to sideline of 1997 game and asking Marty to sign him.

Oakland got the 31st comp pick and a 2nd round pick from us. For some reason I thought we signed him and had to give up 2 first rounders for it. My bad.

I think it’s likely that the front office just hasn’t crossed that bridge yet. I think the trades were more pressing to get done. There’s also the possibility that he will retire, the office knows it, but they are letting him announce when he’s ready. Perhaps there’s merit to the theory that the chiefs are trying to persuade him to retire. There’s a lot of reasons why the release could be holding back, and I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

Selfishly i want to see him retire. Don't want to see him playing for another team.

I'd like to see him retire as well. I'm not sure if he could realistically play for anyone else even if he wanted to. Still love that whole jujitsu deal he was a part of. I wish he would coach for us. That is a valuable tool.

They probably gave him some time to decide whether or not to retire. DJ will definitely have suitors therefore they took care of it sooner and have been working on trades. Hali played here all of his career and contrary to some beliefs those guys cannot simply be released. They'll have sit downs with him and discuss the situation and send him with dignity if released.

Selfishly i want to see him retire. Don't want to see him playing for another team.

I don’t see how he could make a 53 man roster in the league. He’s lost a step, has injury issues and he’s contributed nothing on the field for quite some time. When he was drafted there was a lot made of his flat feet, and it was well known he wouldn’t age well.

I don’t see how he could make a 53 man roster in the league. He’s lost a step, has injury issues and he’s contributed nothing on the field for quite some time. When he was drafted there was a lot made of his flat feet, and it was well known he wouldn’t age well.

His use would be as a player coach, we saw at the end of the Chargers game him giving tips to Bosa.  I wouldn't mind keeping him just to help with tutor the young pass rushers but obviously not at his current cost.

His use would be as a player coach, we saw at the end of the Chargers game him giving tips to Bosa. I wouldn't mind keeping him just to help with tutor the young pass rushers but obviously not at his current cost.

Perhaps the Chiefs are thinking the same because I would’ve thought we’d have heard about his release by now.

Perhaps the Chiefs are thinking the same because I would’ve thought we’d have heard about his release by now.

he would eat up a spot on the 53 though.  why not just cut him as a player and sign him as a defensive assistant?

His use would be as a player coach, we saw at the end of the Chargers game him giving tips to Bosa. I wouldn't mind keeping him just to help with tutor the young pass rushers but obviously not at his current cost.

He can’t play at all anymore. This makes no sense.

If I'm not mistaken they made some changes to the structure of his contract last year and moved some bonuses around. Due to previous contract arrangements with Hali they might be waiting for that bonus to be triggered before letting him go.

Archived