Out With One Hothead - In With Another?

All indications point to Denver having to release Talib due to salary cap issues (probably trying to hold on to their dollars to go after a FA QB). Sure, they will try to trade him first but an aging CB may not command what he currently makes. 

Some experts think that Talib might be in play for the Chiefs if he becomes available. What will be the fan's reaction if we sign him right after trading Peters? They are similar players in regards to knuckleheadedness. Although, I believe most of Talib's run-ins are with other players instead of coaches. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Talib seems a natural fit. Plays great man defense. Can still be competitive covering the other team's No #1 guy and may bring a toughness to the D that is missing. He went to KU as most of you know and he would probably enjoy sticking it to Denver twice a year. He was also quoted as really liking Mahomes this past year and maybe feels the Chiefs could contend in a year or two. He already has his ring so I don't know what motivates him at this point. 

For all of the talk that Denver could contend with a quality QB, I think they are much further away from contending than that. They will have to break up their defense and that has been their calling card since Elway retired. 

I think Talib is a huge Ahole but I've always admired his game. I never liked Ronnie Lott or Charles Woodson either but all three of those guys are winning players. They all make plays in the big games. In that regard Talib may actually be an upgrade over Peters. Just don't wear any jewelry around him...

It would be funny to see the usual suspects defend a Talib signing,  while also twisting themselves into a pretzel to convince themselves that Veach is going younger, faster, and cheaper.  

I have been a big Talib fan, but I want no part of him, because I believe in younger, faster and cheaper.   Hopefully Veach really does also.  

I agree with you that Denver is way further away than just a good QB.  

It would be funny to see the usual suspects defend a Talib signing, while also twisting themselves into a pretzel to convince themselves that Veach is going younger, faster, and cheaper.

I have been a big Talib fan, but I want no part of him, because I believe in younger, faster and cheaper. Hopefully Veach really does also.

I agree with you that Denver is way further away than just a good QB.

If you don't like it then go away and post somewhere else.

This is trolling.

0 intention of having a legitimate conversation.

I don’t mind it, you need veterans sometimes. Denver brought in Ware when he was a few years away from retiring and it helped them, as long as it isn’t 5 or 6 oldies coming in than why not.

I have no problem with veterans, but Talib is a grade a piece of shit. Being a Kansas fan, I’ve long wanted to like the guy, but the fact remains he brings baggage this team doesn’t need. Now that said, if they did bring him in (which I don’t think they will) it would be on a small, short term deal, which is the other reason it won’t happen , because Talib wouldn’t accept such a small bill.

I have no problem with veterans, but Talib is a grade a piece of shit. Being a Kansas fan, I’ve long wanted to like the guy, but the fact remains he brings baggage this team doesn’t need. Now that said, if they did bring him in (which I don’t think they will) it would be on a small, short term deal, which is the other reason it won’t happen , because Talib wouldn’t accept such a small bill.

Honestly, doesn’t our defense need that? We are to soft, no intimidation at all and just seem like we go through the motions, a POS like Talib might bring some much needed nastiness to the team.

Honestly, doesn’t our defense need that? We are to soft, no intimidation at all and just seem like we go through the motions, a POS like Talib might bring some much needed nastiness to the team.

Our defense needs attitude, I agree, but I think it has to be the right attitude. I’m thinking more along the lines of a Ray Lewis type. We need someone who can channel said attitude without being a liability , a liability that I feel describes the likes of both Peters and Talib. I think the personality is better served being that if someone who can be a big hitter, piss off the competition but not melt down in the face of adversity. I don’t trust Talib to not melt down anymore than I did Peters.

No. Just no. You don’t set a precedent of getting rid of one player for being old, and another for his attitude, to LITERALLY turn around and make the very next roster move signing an old guy with a much more documented attitude problem than the guy you got rid of.

Hunt already knows he’s in thin ice with the fan base...making this move would just everyone off.

Funny...I fully believe that if two weeks ago if someone would have posted a poll asking who the bigger POS was between Talib and Peters, the results would have Talib on top...and here we are talking about him being okay in KC...

No need to sign him, they are rebuilding for 2019. They bought themselves a year or 2 playing a rookie QB, so the results are only measured by PM development. Playoffs are a bonus this year, not the real expectation. No need to spend big money for any stop gaps, be a learning on the job year.

No. Just no. You don’t set a precedent of getting rid of one player for being old, and another for his attitude, to LITERALLY turn around and make the very next roster move signing an old guy with a much more documented attitude problem than the guy you got rid of.

Hunt already knows he’s in thin ice with the fan base...making this move would just everyone off.

Funny...I fully believe that if two weeks ago if someone would have posted a poll asking who the bigger POS was between Talib and Peters, the results would have Talib on top...and here we are talking about him being okay in KC...

That’s bullshit. Hunt on thin ice? He’s the owner. If you don’t like what he’s doing , don’t buy tickets, but someone will in your place. Fans are fickle, and the way an owner keeps fans happy is by winning, not by letting a vocal minority try to influence personnel decisions.

Rock Chalk 14! And no. Amerson is the stop gap with upside, but we need a long term solution on a bigger cornerback to team outside with Fuller.

With the stop gap we can wait until the 19 draft where we have more picks and a better handle on where we stand at some other positions.

With the stop gap we can wait until the 19 draft where we have more picks and a better handle on where we stand at some other positions.

I think we could still possibly pursue this year still, but Amerson gives us flexibility to wait if our guy isn’t there.

Archived