What if Mahomes doesn’t pan out?

Because I’ve never trusted even the greatest qb to come back from a lengthy time off to perform in the playoffs without considerable rust. We went all in with Mahomes , and I’m prepared to honor it. I’d rather have a backup that’s a mid round pick on a friendly rookie deal than fork out any money for a veteran backup

I don't know, mahomes sat all this year and looked great against denver, then sat down in the game, then came in and looked great again. Maybe he's rustproof.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, mahomes sat all this year and looked great against denver, then sat down in the game, then came in and looked great again. Maybe he's rustproof.

Right, but he also wasn’t coming off of a shoulder injury or an acl. He still got practice reps every week.

We can do with someone like Colt McCoy as a backup, need a low risk QB as a backup who can run Reid’s get the ball out quickly offense.

Could have done a three team trade. Peters and Smith to Washington. McCoy and Fuller to us. Cousins to Cleveland (Tag and trade.) Cleveland's 3rd or whatever to us (whatever Smith and Peters is worth over McCoy and Fuller).

;)

We need a solid backup who can take over when needed. I gave up on Bray as he has been around for long with nothing to show for it. I much rather prefer a solid veteran who started at some point but has problems that Reid can take care of (like Foles).

If Mahomes doesn't pan out we simply pick another QB to be the guy but we'll have to see that over the next couple years.

If anything you will reign him back on the play calls to get his confidence back up when he struggles. Can't be that hard to do dump passes like Smith did according to many here. I know we will have a few games where he struggles but that is being part of a rookie Qb too

Not if it's a lengthy period of time but what if it's not? Bray shouldn't sniff the field. He should hold the clipboard holder's clipboard.

Nobody knows his value (or lack thereof) better than our coaching staff. If he’s resigned, I’m ok. If he walks, I’m ok with it too.

Nobody knows his value (or lack thereof) better than our coaching staff. If he’s resigned, I’m ok. If he walks, I’m ok with it too.

That's true. Andy knows qb's so if he keeps him that's fine. He may be great in film study as well, who knows. He has shown me nothing on the field though. Personally I'd like to see us move on though i could see it not happening this year just to keep a little continuity in the qb room.

Archived