Wilkerson released

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see the team that just traded Marcus Peters being interested in Wilkerson. He was a special talent though. There's no denying that.

Good point. I would have thought this was a real possibility a week ago. But we still have Bailey on the roster with an 8 million dollar cap number. Hard to think they wouldnt just roll with him and draft his replacement in April before adding more cap obligation to that position.

Good point. I would have thought this was a real possibility a week ago. But we still have Bailey on the roster with an 8 million dollar cap number. Hard to think they wouldnt just roll with him and draft his replacement in April before adding more cap obligation to that position.

Cutting/trading Bailey would net us about $6M in cap

I’d absolutely look at signing him if you can frame deal with a lot of flexibility.and if Sutton signs off. But despite being inconsistent he played a four game stretch last year at a very high level according to PFF, so he’s still capable. He’s gonna get a ton of interest though in my opinion

Also gotta remember that Sutton was a coach for Jets during Mo’s first two seasons. If Sutton had a good relationship with him I can see him giving Reid the nod to sign him up!

Exactly if Sutton signs off on his character. I’m in to look hard at this. Otherwise forget it.

Just gonna toss it out there again that it's a blatant contradiction to sign Wilkerson, Talib and even Richardson (known problem players) when they literally just Dumped elite level talent for issues they couldn't deal with.

Just a hot take...

Just gonna toss it out there again that it's a blatant contradiction to sign Wilkerson, Talib and even Richardson (known problem players) when they literally just Dumped elite level talent for issues they couldn't deal with.

Just a hot take...

Nah. Every person is different. Andy is good with reclamation projects but nobody bats .1000 - they are malcontents after all.

I see little or no comparison between Wilkerson and Peters. Peters fought with fans, officials and went after his DC. Wilkerson just got lazy after a fat contract. Missing meetings and not giving 100%.

An incentive based deal would be what I would do.

It obvious that the majority is past this already and that's cool. But this wouldn't absolutely piss you off?

They couldn't handle one undeniably elite talent (Wether you liked his attitude or not) so they toss him aside and pick up more known Malcontents? Not the same guys, not the same situation, I get it. It's the principal all by itself.

That would explicitly prove to me this was Clark Hunt mandated and would have me understand that Hunt completely didn't understand the Protest and wanted to sweep it under the rug. Which would be despicable in my eyes.

It obvious that the majority is past this already and that's cool. But this wouldn't absolutely piss you off?

They couldn't handle one undeniably elite talent (Wether you liked his attitude or not) so they toss him aside and pick up more known Malcontents? Not the same guys, not the same situation, I get it. It's the principal all by itself.

That would explicitly prove to me this was Clark Hunt mandated and would have me understand that Hunt completely didn't understand the Protest and wanted to sweep it under the rug. Which would be despicable in my eyes.

We should fire clark

I’m starting to understand your viewpoint here. You are saying this move was directly related to kneeling before games. I think it’s got nothing to do with that. We had solved that issue by keeping him in the locker room during National athemn. If this was Eric Berry and he was kneeling, there’s no way he’d be sent packing. Peters consistent irrational emotional outbursts distracted from his own cause more than anything else. And that’s also what sent him packing. Same reason he released Terrel Owens. And that certainly doesn’t mean you never take a chance on players again. It would be the ultimate stereotype to lump everyone into any one category. You have to look at each player individually and decide. Tyreek Bill came with a ton of offield baggage but has been a model citizen so far. That said there’s a tipping point in a locker room where chemistry goes south.

Archived