Wilkerson released

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is as a really good interview. Agreed he was passionate about the Hunt family and what they have done.

well with out them he had nothing.. he started as a Chiefs Intern and  went to an NFL  Coach for a playoff team. one can argue whether he was any good or not but  its still  a small club being it successful or otherwise. I appreciate his loyalty to them even after being fired

Just gonna toss it out there again that it's a blatant contradiction to sign Wilkerson, Talib and even Richardson (known problem players) when they literally just Dumped elite level talent for issues they couldn't deal with.

Just a hot take...

Gotta look at each player individually don't you agree?

Plus I think Sutton with his personal experience coaching Wilkerson can help give Veach/Reid a look into what he can do if motivated.  I agree that he shouldn't be offered a $100M deal but like others have said a more incentive based deal to help that motivation.

Talib...I agree but only because there are much better options for CB in FA this year if you ask me!

Richardson....His issues seem to be more off the field than on!  You also see that he did fine under new staff in Seattle instead of like Peters just got worse!  If Peters goes to the Rams and they cut him because of the issues I'm sure his next team will pay him crap if anything!  Richardson SHOWED that he CAN and is WILLING to change so I think as a front office you have to look at how well he did in Seattle.

Also...why bring up what your doing at work and protesting?  Just seems weird and some kind of "Look at me" type of post.  No one really cares what any of us are doing at our jobs and it has zero to do with the NFL!

Gotta look at each player individually don't you agree?

Plus I think Sutton with his personal experience coaching Wilkerson can help give Veach/Reid a look into what he can do if motivated. I agree that he shouldn't be offered a $100M deal but like others have said a more incentive based deal to help that motivation.

Talib...I agree but only because there are much better options for CB in FA this year if you ask me!

Richardson....His issues seem to be more off the field than on! You also see that he did fine under new staff in Seattle instead of like Peters just got worse! If Peters goes to the Rams and they cut him because of the issues I'm sure his next team will pay him crap if anything! Richardson SHOWED that he CAN and is WILLING to change so I think as a front office you have to look at how well he did in Seattle.

Also...why bring up what your doing at work and protesting? Just seems weird and some kind of "Look at me" type of post. No one really cares what any of us are doing at our jobs and it has zero to do with the NFL!

Already stated above that I'm good with whomever they determine is fit to join the team. I'd just find it contradictory.

I was (about to be) asked about my job and if they would allow me to protest at said job...perhaps I assumed too much but by his response, my assumption was accurate.

I am not convinced it was a mistake. Spend a 1st. Get a great 3 years for super cheap. Get a 2nd back.

Where do I sign up for another one of those deals?

It wasn't a mistake, they took a chance on a kid with a ton of talent thinking they could get through and mold him into a professional. For one reason or another it didn't pan out with KC and Peters. It was a bold move they felt the reward outweighed the risk on a player with a history in college.

Sometimes it works, as it has so far with Hill and to be seen with Kelce, other times it doesn't. I say well done to our organization seeing the possibility in individuals and not just pigeon holing them. Nobody bats a thousand

I see little or no comparison between Wilkerson and Peters. Peters fought with fans, officials and went after his DC. Wilkerson just got lazy after a fat contract. Missing meetings and not giving 100%.

An incentive based deal would be what I would do.

Albert Haynesworth 2.0

Already stated above that I'm good with whomever they determine is fit to join the team. I'd just find it contradictory.

I was (about to be) asked about my job and if they would allow me to protest at said job...perhaps I assumed too much but by his response, my assumption was accurate.

Still don’t get how it’s contradictory

I am not convinced it was a mistake. Spend a 1st. Get a great 3 years for super cheap. Get a 2nd back.

Where do I sign up for another one of those deals?

100% agree with this. It seems to me a lot of the rest is an attempt to take the facts, mix them with a healthy dose of assumptions, and concoct a ready-made justification for whatever world view one may have. That’s why nobody’s mind will change on this.

I will miss him playing for us. I appreciated the edge he brought to the table, but I respect the decision to move on. My own assumption is that it was mutual, and that he’ll be on the market again in a couple years.

NO, has less money then KC and still have Brees and others to deal with.

Would you offer him a contract? He's 28. Is he that much better than Logan? Logan, was out of position last year.

If they sign Wilkerson that means Bailey is probably gone as well. 

Jones and Wilkerson at the ends and a fresh NT in the middle...not bad.

Would you offer him a contract? He's 28. Is he that much better than Logan? Logan, was out of position last year.

I'm not a GM, HC or owner. I leave those decisions to them.

I watch sports for entertainment purposes and don't dabble in the in and outs of the business. Same with watching games over and over and analyzing each player of each play and grading them on their play.

Sorry, but that's the way I look at things.

If happened I still wouldn’t rule out Star being signed to play NT.

Wilkerson——Star———Jones

Wilkerson brings a lot more to the table if he’s motivated. Part of the reason our sacks are so far down is that players like Logan bring zero pass rush. We need to get back to 2014-15 when our dline was getting 14-15 sacks by itself. We just need to decide if he’s in it for any more than a paycheck.

Wilkerson brings a lot more to the table if he’s motivated. Part of the reason our sacks are so far down is that players like Logan bring zero pass rush. We need to get back to 2014-15 when our dline was getting 14-15 sacks by itself.

This. If motivated this is a really difficult man to block. Id happily give him Baileys cap number and cut ties with Bailey. Im afraid hes going to want a 1 yr deal to earn another payday. Which is good for us next year, but would suck to watch him ball out then leave and create a big hole there again in 2019.

This. If motivated this is a really difficult man to block. Id happily give him Baileys cap number and cut ties with Bailey. Im afraid hes going to want a 1 yr deal to earn another payday. Which is good for us next year, but would suck to watch him ball out then leave and create a big hole there again in 2019.

Makes a deal with him tricky. You want more than a year but want out after a year if he’s a deadbeat. Not sure how to frame it, but team that does probably gets him. And again this is only if coaches think he’s still motivated.

Makes a deal with him tricky. You want more than a year but want out after a year if he’s a deadbeat. Not sure how to frame it, but team that does probably gets him. And again this is only if coaches think he’s still motivated.

More of a reason I want them to move Tanoh back to DE and draft Fords replacement. We'd have built in inexpensive replacements at DE and OLB in 2019.

More of a reason I want them to move Tanoh back to DE and draft Fords replacement. We'd have built in inexpensive replacements at DE and OLB in 2019.

Makes sense. 100 percent with you on Tanoh at DE. Should be useful in dline sub packages as well.

Makes sense. 100 percent with you on Tanoh at DE. Should be useful in dline sub packages as well.

Might already be better suited there. Strong guy with a frame that can put on some weight. He could be an even better pass rusher from the DE. 

Archived