Wilkerson released

If happened I still wouldn’t rule out Star being signed to play NT.

Star———Jones

You're advocating we sign Star Jones? I'm not trying to be sexist but I don't think she'll hold up on the dline all year. She's gotta be like 60.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we weren’t so weak at OLB and Kpass wasn’t so light, I would be interested to see that. I just think with our difficulties against the run, Ford will get us killed. We need a stout 280 one guy that can also get after the QB like we had in Hali. I think Kpass can be that guy. Zombo is definitely not the answer.

NT will be our struggle to find IMO.

If we weren’t so weak at OLB and Kpass wasn’t so light, I would be interested to see that. I just think with our difficulties against the run, Ford will get us killed. We need a stout 280 one guy that can also get after the QB like we had in Hali. I think Kpass can be that guy. Zombo is definitely not the answer.

Plus Kpass has said it is easier for him to keep his weight at 260-270 than it is to get to 290. Keep him at OLB. Plus he is really playing DE since we are in our 4 man front most of the game

Plus Kpass has said it is easier for him to keep his weight at 260-270 than it is to get to 290. Keep him at OLB. Plus he is really playing DE since we are in our 4 man front most of the game

I can’t get past the two comparisons I heard Dorsey use to compare him too and they were both defensive linemen (Justin Tuck and Sean Jones). He did work as both an OLB and DL on the scout team. Perhaps his weight is an issue if he feels 260 better suits him. This will be interesting to watch when OTAs start.

I can’t get past the two comparisons I heard Dorsey use to compare him too and they were both defensive linemen (Justin Tuck and Sean Jones). He did work as both an OLB and DL on the scout team. Perhaps his weight is an issue if he feels 260 better suits him. This will be interesting to watch when OTAs start.

That's the thing....Tuck would of been a OLB in a 3-4 D. Does that help?

I agree

Kpass would need to gain a good 30lbs to drop down to the DL if you ask me.  HE has like zero body fat and if very quick for his H/W, just would need more meat to battle double teams at the line.

I agree

Kpass would need to gain a good 30lbs to drop down to the DL if you ask me.  HE has like zero body fat and if very quick for his H/W, just would need more meat to battle double teams at the line.

He was drafted ast 6'7" 289. Last year he played at 280. So basically you are saying he needs to be 310 lbs to play 5 tech in a 34. That would make him 25 lbs heavier than our starting DE Allen Bailey who also has zero fat on him.

He was drafted ast 6'7" 289. Last year he played at 280. So basically you are saying he needs to be 310 lbs to play 5 tech in a 34. That would make him 25 lbs heavier than our starting DE Allen Bailey who also has zero fat on him.

I know Bailey came out at 288. But I would bet he is around 300-305 now.

No matter what weight he is at the dude earns about half what he is owed this year. 8 million dollar cap number. Shouldnt happen. If we sign Mo, I bet hes released the same day, lmao.

I definitely agree. I was hoping we could trade Bailey for a 5th rounder

Where do you get 280? http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article4018846.html

Shows 2 seasons ago bulked up to 293 and I found reports of 300 that same season.

Regardless that doesn’t matter.....you have to look at ratio! Bailey at 6’3 can play 3-4 DE at 290 much easier than a guy that’s 6’7 at the same 290! To have that same leverage ratio I’d say Kpass needs to be around 320 but 300 being the lightest at his height.

Where do you get 280? http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article4018846.html

Shows 2 seasons ago bulked up to 293 and I found reports of 300 that same season.

Regardless that doesn’t matter.....you have to look at ratio! Bailey at 6’3 can play 3-4 DE at 290 much easier than a guy that’s 6’7 at the same 290! To have that same leverage ratio I’d say Kpass needs to be around 320 but 300 being the lightest at his height.

Kpass played last year at 280, Not Bailey. And I completely disagree about the leverage. 5 techs are usually guys that a longer and more athletic. 6'2" is on tge short side for a DE in a 34.

You remember Calaias Campbell? Arguably the best 34 DE in the league the last several years, and even dominated this year in a 43. He's 6'8".

Why would you take a guy that can bend the edge and have him baloon up so he can't do it anymore? You know how rare that is, even among pass rushers?

Leave him at OLB.

Because I simply dont believe in him as a pass rusher at OLB. Simple as that. I hope Im wrong. And I sure didnt say anything about him "ballooning up". He carries 290 just fine.

Kpass played last year at 280, Not Bailey. And I completely disagree about the leverage. 5 techs are usually guys that a longer and more athletic. 6'2" is on tge short side for a DE in a 34.

You remember Calaias Campbell? Arguably the best 34 DE in the league the last several years, and even dominated this year in a 43. He's 6'8".

Bailey was measured at 6'3" at the combine

Correct. And he is in no way an impact player. Over his last 30 starts he has 26 solo tackles and 2 sacks. Would you pay that player 8 million dollars?

I already said I agreed with you on his performance. I was correcting you on his height. You said 6'2"

Huh? I never said Bailey was 280

I agree that being a 3-4 DE you either are 6’3/6’4 or have long arms! Many many many discussions on when we switched to 3-4 and if Dorsey could play because of his freaky long arms.

Quote from Campbell: “Every year I’ll have an exit meeting with Coach Whiz (Ken Whisenhunt) and he’ll say, “Plain and simple. When you play low with great technique you’re unblockable and when you play high, people get underneath you look like an average player.” It’s true. If I continue to work hard, stay low, and use perfect technique, that’s when I’m the best and my size creates a natural leverage. If I can stay lower than a guy that’s shorter than me, then I’ll be able to dominate him with extra leverage. It makes a big difference.”

So yes height is good to a point but then at 6’8 you gotta pay extra attention on getting even lower because of LEVERAGE.

Plus bringing up Campbell means you agree with me? I stated that 300 would be his minimum weight for his height.....Kpass played at 280 and is said to struggle to keep weight on......

Because I simply dont believe in him as a pass rusher at OLB. Simple as that. I hope Im wrong. And I sure didnt say anything about him "ballooning up". He carries 290 just fine.

Why don’t you believe in him as a OLB? You haven’t given any reasons other then “believe”

Why don’t you believe in him as a OLB? You haven’t given any reasons other then “believe”

I don't think he will have the explosiveness needed to consistently beat tackles. I don't think he is a natural pass rusher. I think they are forcing it. I think of speed rushers as guys in the 250-265 range and I think about 95% of them fall in there. I could be mistaken. I hope I am if they leave him at OLB.

And don't start talking to me about Julius peppers please. He is a future Hall of Famer and a freak of nature.

I don't think he will have the explosiveness needed to consistently beat tackles. I don't think he is a natural pass rusher. I think they are forcing it. I think of speed rushers as guys in the 250-265 range and I think about 95% of them fall in there. I could be mistaken. I hope I am if they leave him at OLB.

And don't start talking to me about Julius peppers please. He is a future Hall of Famer and a freak of nature.

lol nope I won’t pull the Peppers card even though you pulled the Calais Campbell card lol

And you could be correct about being a natural pass rusher. Kpass college stats don’t really jump at you until his senior year. Could be luck or could be gaining experience. Did grab 11 sacks that senior year though

I did see a video interview of Veach while at the combine saying they understand he pretty much had zero experience standing up but has done well and everyone is very excited for 2018 when it comes to him.

Time will tell

Bigger edge guys

Joey bosa 6'5" 280

JJ Watt 6'6" 290

Jedaveon clowney 6'5" 275

Carlos Dunlop 6'6" 280

Michael Johnson 6'7" 275

Bud Dupree 6'5" 270

Myles Garrett 6'5" 275

JPP 6'5" 280

Taco Charlton 6'5" 275

Chandler Jones 6'5" 270