Michael Johnson 6'7" 275

Bud Dupree 6'5" 270

Myles Garrett 6'5" 275

JPP 6'5" 280

Taco Charlton 6'5" 275

Chandler Jones 6'5" 270

Cameron Jordan 6'5" 290

Ezekiel ansah 6'5" 280

Wow never even thought about Michael Johnson. I’d say most will say he has never performed up to his potential but his career hasn’t been too bad. I think Johnson is a very good comparison for Kpass atm.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow never even thought about Michael Johnson. I’d say most will say he has never performed up to his potential but his career hasn’t been too bad. I think Johnson is a very good comparison for Kpass atm.

I'm definitely not saying this means Kpass is good. But he can definitely play on the edge at his size and athleticism. It will be interesting to see how he develops. One thing he does well is bends around the corner. He has flexibility, which is great for a pass rusher

Bigger edge guys

Joey bosa 6'5" 280    Plays in a 43 with hand on the ground

JJ Watt 6'6" 290    Plays DE in a 34

Jedaveon clowney 6'5" 275 

Carlos Dunlop 6'6" 280    Plays with hand on the ground in a 43

Michael Johnson 6'7" 275    Plays with hand on the ground in a 43

Bud Dupree 6'5" 270

Myles Garrett 6'5" 275    Plays with hand on the ground in a 43

JPP 6'5" 280    Plays with hand on the ground in a 43

Taco Charlton 6'5" 275    Plays with hand on the ground in a 43

Chandler Jones 6'5" 270   

Cameron Jordan 6'5" 290     Plays with hand on the ground in a 43

Ezekiel ansah 6'5" 280     Plays with hand on the ground in a 43

So literally 3 of those guys play the position that we are discussing. A stand-up 34 OLB. None of those 3 are as big as Tanoh. And in those 3 you are comparing him to a former number one overall pick in the draft, one of the best pass rushers in the NFL in Jones and a guy with 14 total career sacks in Dupree.

This is not the kind of info that would change my opinion. This is the kind of info that strengthens it.

I don't think he will have the explosiveness needed to consistently beat tackles. I don't think he is a natural pass rusher. I think they are forcing it. I think of speed rushers as guys in the 250-265 range and I think about 95% of them fall in there. I could be mistaken. I hope I am if they leave him at OLB.

And don't start talking to me about Julius peppers please. He is a future Hall of Famer and a freak of nature.

You didn't say anything about 3-4? You said he wasn't explosive enough because of his size. I was showing explosive edge guys at our around his size. Don't change the goal posts here

You didn't say anything about 3-4? You said he wasn't explosive enough because of his size. I was showing explosive edge guys at our around his size. Don't change the goal posts here

"Because I simply dont believe in him as a pass rusher at OLB. Simple as that. I hope Im wrong. And I sure didnt say anything about him "ballooning up". He carries 290 just fine."

This is my quote from this same thread. I didnt know I needed to specify that I meant OLB in a 34. Its the base defense we use. Everyone knows that. I figured it was implied. You couldnt have possibly thought I meant OLB in a 43. So when I said this, yes I was referring to the defense that the Chiefs run.

So literally 3 of those guys play the position that we are discussing. A stand-up 34 OLB. None of those 3 are as big as Tanoh. And in those 3 you are comparing him to a former number one overall pick in the draft, one of the best pass rushers in the NFL in Jones and a guy with 14 total career sacks in Dupree.

This is not the kind of info that would change my opinion. This is the kind of info that strengthens it.

I’d also say that most 4-3 DEs and 3-4 DEs are interchangeable. While most 4-3 DTs and 3-4 DEs are also interchangeable. Thus showing that atheism list is valid!

Wilkerson visiting the Chiefs today.

Adam TeicherESPN Staff Writer 

The Chiefs are visiting Saturday with former Jets defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson, according to ESPN's Josina Anderson. The Chiefs could soon be losing starting nose tackle Bennie Logan, who is a potential unrestricted free agent.

That's the thing....Tuck would of been a OLB in a 3-4 D. Does that help?

o

Heres what I found in a story where John Dorsey was talking about Tanohs role.

When the Chiefs are two-gapping, he will be playing as a five-technique (lined up over the tackle and responsible for B and C gaps) and then sliding down to three-technique (lines up on the outside shoulder of the guard) in obvious pass rushing downs.

"Because I simply dont believe in him as a pass rusher at OLB. Simple as that. I hope Im wrong. And I sure didnt say anything about him "ballooning up". He carries 290 just fine."

This is my quote from this same thread. I didnt know I needed to specify that I meant OLB in a 34. Its the base defense we use. Everyone knows that. I figured it was implied. You couldnt have possibly thought I meant OLB in a 43. So when I said this, yes I was referring to the defense that the Chiefs run.

Well the athleticism and explosiveness of the edge still stand. Even at those sizes

He must of gotten a thumbs up.

The Chiefs are visiting Saturday with former Jets defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson, according to ESPN's Josina Anderson. The Chiefs could soon be losing starting nose tackle Bennie Logan, who is a potential unrestricted free agent.

Also, watt is on the inside a lot.

What? I never said I would want Calais Campbell playing OLB in a 34. Peppers already has.

No no no.....you compared him to Campbell as the reason why a 6’8 guy can be a 3-4 DE....but you don’t allow others to compare him to Peppers as a example of a 6’8 guy playing a 3-4 OLB.

Can’t have it both ways buddy

For anyone that believes Herm Edwards is the sole voice for anything they should reconsider. He has a right to believe what he does and so do I. Herm should know he was fired after his 2-14 record. I think a lot of you were calling for his head and other parts of his body. I'm sure Clark told him it was a business decision.

Archived