Wilkerson released

If he's scheduling all these visits, he's wanting more than teams are offering. Hard pass.

If they're gonna spend money, just go get Richardson.

He said from the start he had 3 or 4 teams he wanted to visit then make a decision. KC was one.

But yeah I'd rather have richardson too.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No no no.....you compared him to Campbell as the reason why a 6’8 guy can be a 3-4 DE....but you don’t allow others to compare him to Peppers as a example of a 6’8 guy playing a 3-4 OLB.

Can’t have it both ways buddy

Because Peppers is a talent that comes along how often? He has 154 career sacks. The dude is a freak of nature.

People saying Tanoh isnt too big to play every down OLB in a 34 like to use specific players as an example of why he can. Someone brought up Peppers recently and how he played in a 34 in GB. Its not a fair comparison. There are very few players who have ever had his level of athleticism and productivity.

So yes you CAN use that as an example of why a 6'7" 280 lb OLB can work. That doesnt mean its not a stupid comparison. Peppers will be a first ballot HOF player.

Again, its not an accident that there is probably less than 5 players playing every down as OLB in a 34 at his size. We didnt just stumble across something here on the message board that no GM ever thought of. At that size there is almost no players that have the combination of quickness, athleticism, speed, and lateral agility to play that spot at a high level. And I personally do not believe Tanoh does either.

What about Quinton Coples his first few years as 3-4 OLB for the jets and much larger than Kpass? 6’6 290

Matt Shaughnessy Played OLB at 6’5 285

Paul Kruger at 6’4 270

James Harrison at 6’0 275

Tamba at 6’3 275

And probably the best comparison would be Michael Johnson 6’7 280 that has played OLB for the Bengals!

Because Peppers is a talent that comes along how often? He has 154 career sacks. The dude is a freak of nature.

People saying Tanoh isnt too big to play every down OLB in a 34 like to use specific players as an example of why he can. Someone brought up Peppers recently and how he played in a 34 in GB. Its not a fair comparison. There are very few players who have ever had his level of athleticism and productivity.

So yes you CAN use that as an example of why a 6'7" 280 lb OLB can work. That doesnt mean its not a stupid comparison. Peppers will be a first ballot HOF player.

Again, its not an accident that there is probably less than 5 players playing every down as OLB in a 34 at his size. We didnt just stumble across something here on the message board that no GM ever thought of. At that size there is almost no players that have the combination of quickness, athleticism, speed, and lateral agility to play that spot at a high level. And I personally do not believe Tanoh does either.

If it helps you, Tanoh ranked 4th out of 139 players in his position group in Sparq score.

What about Quinton Coples his first few years as 3-4 OLB for the jets and much larger than Kpass? 6’6 290

Matt Shaughnessy Played OLB at 6’5 285

Paul Kruger at 6’4 270

James Harrison at 6’0 275

Tamba at 6’3 275

And probably the best comparison would be Michael Johnson 6’7 280 that has played OLB for the Bengals!

Calvin pace at 6'4" 270 was the opposite OLB of Coples too.

I don't get using a players size as a determinant here. If he can bend and has explosion them why can't he? Because he doesn't fit a mold someone had set in their mind?

Im not saying he doesnt deserve a chance strictly because he is that big. Im saying that therw is a reason you sont see OLBs in a 34 that big very often. He may be an exception and I hope he is. Id love to have him turn out to be a stud OLB. Im simply skeptical. I need to see more. I think he would be a better fit at DE. But the Chiefs dont agree, and those people are better at this than me.

Im not saying he doesnt deserve a chance strictly because he is that big. Im saying that therw is a reason you sont see OLBs in a 34 that big very often. He may be an exception and I hope he is. Id love to have him turn out to be a stud OLB. Im simply skeptical. I need to see more. I think he would be a better fit at DE. But the Chiefs dont agree, and those people are better at this than me.

I do agree that he needs to continue to develop. I think the tools are there with him. But he isn't there yet. Although I believe he offers more now than Zombo, but that isn't saying much

More athletic and versatile.

Wilkerson has 44.5 sacks vs 19 for Richardson in one less season. I see them both as athletic freaks considering their size. I think Wilkerson is more physically dominant and faster though as closing speed to finish more sack opportunities. I see both as problem players that have big upside if motivated. Contract has to reflect that. But I really don’t see how Richardson is better?

Bigger edge guys

Joey bosa 6'5" 280

JJ Watt 6'6" 290

Jedaveon clowney 6'5" 275

Carlos Dunlop 6'6" 280

Michael Johnson 6'7" 275

Bud Dupree 6'5" 270

Myles Garrett 6'5" 275

JPP 6'5" 280

Taco Charlton 6'5" 275

Chandler Jones 6'5" 270

Cameron Jordan 6'5" 290

Ezekiel ansah 6'5" 280

Julius Peppers too

Wilkerson has 44.5 sacks vs 19 for Richardson in one less season. I see them both as athletic freaks considering their size. I think Wilkerson is more physically dominant and faster though as closing speed to finish more sack opportunities. I see both as problem players that have big upside if motivated. Contract has to reflect that. But I really don’t see how Richardson is better?

Can play multiple roles, multiple positions and can even drop into coverage. They were asked to do 2 different things and Wilkerson has been in the NFL for longer (another plus for Sheldon).

Can play multiple roles, multiple positions and can even drop into coverage. They were asked to do 2 different things and Wilkerson has been in the NFL for longer (another plus for Sheldon).

Agree Richardson is a little more diverse and better athlete but Wilkerson has proven more disruptive with his superior size and speed. And Richardson comes with considerable offfield baggage as well. Both proved to be problematic at times inside locker room. I think both could really help if motivated but neither should get a big gurantee. I personally see priority one for this defense is to get more pressure on the QB.

Wilkerson is 28

Total tackles:

Sacks:

Forced fumbles:

Fumble recoveries:

Interceptions:

Defensive touchdowns:

Richardson is 27

Total tackles:

Sacks:

Forced fumbles:

Fumble recoveries:

Interceptions:

Total touchdowns:

Long shot.....but odds that he wants KC but wants max money that he can get so when he left his agent put out the “Now Raiders would like a visit” talk in hopes KC bites vs having him help the Raiders?

Archived