Wilkerson released

I don’t read anything of interest. I think our best shot was him not leaving KC. If all he wants is a bidding war, we probably are out. Just my guess.

Him leaving without a contract is a concern regarding our chances of signing him but not sure if the staff liked him in the interview. That being said he might need to change his expectations for the deal after a few offers and Chiefs could give him the best one. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't think Wilkerson is gonna slide to the Chiefs on the EL Cheapo "incentive laden" deal simply because...like Sammy Watkins, someone will overpay for his services. He is a name player in the NFL and in spite of his lack of motivation, someone will throw a bigger than it should be contract based on his early career and the fact he is still pretty young. Read---POTENTIAL! Veach has some money and he could jump into the crazy pool and blow his wad on overpaying someone but my hope is he looks for value. This is a transition year and KC should load up for 2019.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/83638/debunking-the-myths-surrounding-the-jets-sheldon-richardson

Tracking Sheldon

A look at Sheldon Richardson's snap counts by position during his past three seasons with the New York Jets.

POSITION 2014 2015 2016

Right/left end 317 235 387

Right/left tackle 390 180 231

Outside linebacker 43 158 76

Inside linebacker 18 24 11

Nose tackle 9 6 27

Cheerio

Archived