Looks Like Ford is a Keeper per Veach

Chiefs GM Brett Veach said the organization believes in OLB Dee Ford "and his ability to really make a difference when healthy."

There were some rumblings the Chiefs would move on from Ford, who is owed $8.7 million on his fifth-year option, but these comments seem to put those rumors to bed. Ford was limited to six games due to a back injury last season, but he recorded 10 sacks in a breakout 2016 campaign. More importantly, the Chiefs do not have the depth at outside linebacker to move on from a player who has shown he can be productive. Even with Ford and Justin Houston returning, Kansas City needs to add some pass-rushing talent. Getting something out of 2017 second-rounder Tanoh Kpassagnon would help.

choke, Andy Reid choke!  He's a choker!  lol

seriously tho, if Ford plays for KC this year he'll be motivated and in a contract year so he will want to do well. 

Just needs to stay healthy.

Considering it was Veach that tried to trade Peters for a pass rusher makes me think that he doesn't think Ford is able to stay healthy. He might be trying to give Ford a boost since we are probably stuck with his contract in 2018. 

choke, Andy Reid choke! He's a choker! lol

seriously tho, if Ford plays for KC this year he'll be motivated and in a contract year so he will want to do well.

Just needs to stay healthy.

Kpass better show why he was a 2nd rounder. I hope an off season of film, practice and training does it, but man what a waste if he does nothing again for us this year. Get him back on the line if needed but man we have to get him going.

Kpass better show why he was a 2nd rounder. I hope an off season of film, practice and training does it, but man what a waste if he does nothing again for us this year. Get him back on the line if needed but man we have to get him going.

They ramped up his snaps towards the end of the year, but in the playoff game they used Hali and he didn't see the field. 

Typical Bob Sutton.

KPass just needs to play.

They ramped up his snaps towards the end of the year, but in the playoff game they used Hali and he didn't see the field.

Typical Bob Sutton.

KPass just needs to play.

True but we need to see more of it and to be productive too with those snaps. I hope he turns into a beast and pushes Ford to the bench. We then can sign Ford as depth if needed lol.

I think a combo of Kpass and Ford would work. Kpass on 1st and 2nd downs them Ford on 3rd or obvious passing downs. Helps save Ford back and he stays fresh to use his speed to get after the QB.

Hopefully Dadi can cone back and backup Houston. We might be ok here

NFL.com's Tom Pelissero confirms the Chiefs will not be releasing OLB Dee Ford.

GM Brett Veach said as much on Wednesday. With Ford still recovering form back surgery, the Chiefs probably didn't have a choice. 2018 is his team option year, and the option is guaranteed for injury. It sounds like Ford couldn't pass a physical when the new league year starts on March 14. Ford notched just two sacks on 799 snaps in 2017.

Glad this is a contract year, as we should get a motivated Dee Ford.   Tanoh has to step up this year.  It will be hard to justify using a 2nd round pick on a developmental guy who can't contribute much in year 1 or 2.   I would love if Dorace Armstrong fell to us in the 2nd round.  Because after all we will need to be looking for Houstons replacement soon, as he has 2 years left before we can cut him and OLB's usually take a year to develop.    Maybe that's Dadi, but so far he can't get on the field.

NFL.com's Tom Pelissero confirms the Chiefs will not be releasing OLB Dee Ford.

GM Brett Veach said as much on Wednesday. With Ford still recovering form back surgery, the Chiefs probably didn't have a choice. 2018 is his team option year, and the option is guaranteed for injury. It sounds like Ford couldn't pass a physical when the new league year starts on March 14. Ford notched just two sacks on 799 snaps in 2017.

Basically stating the obvious. May be Veach tries to trade him over the TC if KPass performs good enough and trying to polish him. 

I think we keep Ford and Kpass. You have to be able to overcome injuries. I really like what I saw from Dady, but staying healthy is a big part of football. If Dady is 100% and still looks like a pass rush threat, then maybe you can shop Ford. I would like to see,

Houston with backup from Ford. (just don't think he is comfortable on the right, plus the back issue)

Kpass with backup from Dady.

Zombo filling the water cooler and playing special teams.

They have a lot to prove for that to work.

IF he wont be passing physical I expect nothing but what Veach said about him.....Veachs tells Reid/Sutton we are moving on from Ford and wont be wasting that much cap for him....Docs tell Veach that Ford won't be passing his physical..."Veach says Ford is the best pass rusher he has ever seen and never even thought twice about keeping him in KC"

IF he wont be passing physical I expect nothing but what Veach said about him.....Veachs tells Reid/Sutton we are moving on from Ford and wont be wasting that much cap for him....Docs tell Veach that Ford won't be passing his physical..."Veach says Ford is the best pass rusher he has ever seen and never even thought twice about keeping him in KC"

:blink:  what?

Archived