Chiefs may have to say goodbye to Albert Wilson

If Wilson is only ever going to be a #3 or #4, no reason to give him bigger money to stay. His production and lack of wow factor can easily be replaced. I suspect Mahomes will make WRs better more so than Alex ever did, so I’d rather get someone new and cheaper.

I’m sure we wanted to sneak him through without any real alternative offers however Chicago in particular creates a problem there. He’s got clear value and I’m fine with paying him a in the high end of a utility player or 3-4!WR who does have some potential for more. But if he’s gonna be paid like a legit #2 WR, we have to walk away.

I’m not exactly sure if the plan was to try and keep him why we featured him in the Denver game. That kind of effort will clearly draw attention and interest.

I’m sure we wanted to sneak him through without any real alternative offers however Chicago in particular creates a problem there. He’s got clear value and I’m fine with paying him a in the high end of a utility player or 3-4!WR who does have some potential for more. But if he’s gonna be paid like a legit #2 WR, we have to walk away.

I’m not exactly sure if the plan was to try and keep him why we featured him in the Denver game. That kind of effort will clearly draw attention and interest.

So some one would over pay for him and allow plus to get a 3rd round comp pick from an UDFA.....

Archived