Addition by subtraction - Kenny Vaccaro

Any thoughts on replacing Parker with Vaccaro? I’ve always liked him and think he will fit right in with what we now have for a secondary. I’d say he’s an upgrade to Parker and his projected salary will be less than what Parker was getting, so a win for us. The nice thing is that even if you don’t view Vaccaro as the best player, we all know that as long as Berry as healthy, he more

Than makes up for shortcomings and will help out.

Looks like we are in a prime position to find instant help at Safety in the draft. If they don't fill other holes in FA I wouldn't mind bringing in a Safety but Vaccaro wouldn't be my first choice. He had a great start but nothing special after that. Reid seems to be a better option.

We're gonna suck if that's the plan

Well with Parker grading out 84th out of 87 eligible safeties it would be hard to get any worse. I think the youngsters both have upside. The safety that graded out 87th out of 87 eligible is the very one this thread was started about.

Well with Parker grading out 84th out of 87 eligible safeties it would be hard to get any worse. I think the youngsters both have upside. The safety that graded out 87th out of 87 eligible is the very one this thread was started about.

it's amazing how short sighted some posters can be here. Why not let 2 drafted guys try? And like you said it can't really be any worse

I agree with LF here. If we're keeping sutton we have to upgrade the safeties. He really relies on them. Not comfortable with what we have outside of Berry.

That doesn't mean you can't keep developing the kids, but if they're plans A and B we might have issues.

Archived