Combine QBs

This class is an interesting one.

Rosen is certainly the most polished of the group and it wouls be a major upset if he doesn't go by the 2nd pick. I feel that if Cleveland doesn't have a particular favorite QB, they should auction that #1 pick. Sonebody is gonna want him bad.

Mayfield has a lot of confidence and that's good to have. Will take shots down the field, which is also good. Size checked out fine, too. I want to see him throw some more challenging ones outside of the hashmarks, as I'm still not really seeing some major NFL throws from him.

Nothing so far that says he can't do it though. This QB is the big one that makes it a disappointment that Grudens show is over now.

Allen has good mobility and arm talent, but lol his mechanics and footwork. A lot like Mahomes. Will absolutely need to go to the right place that will be very patient with him. I'm hesitant to say it will happen.

No red flags over Darnolds brief combine look.

Lamar Jackson is solid proof of why Petrino QB's usually fail on this level. He asks a ton out of his QB's, but he doesn't ask things that are staples in the NFL. A very big spread em out guy and beat them with a system that relies on talent level.

I think Jackson can learn to be an NFL passer, but he will need years. If he gets it, he's gonna be the nezt big thing IMO. Too much raw talent to keep him falling any further than the first half of round 2 IMO.

Allen has the biggest bust potential.

Ideally he would have someone like Buffalo move up to get him, where he sits on the bench for at least an entire year.

Likely he goes to the Jets and they completely fuck it up because they're the Jets.

They all have bust potential. I would put Mayfield at the top of that list. He better play up to his ego.

Allen has the biggest bust potential.

Ideally he would have someone like Buffalo move up to get him, where he sits on the bench for at least an entire year.

Likely he goes to the Jets and they completely fuck it up because they're the Jets.

or the browns

Nic Shimonek is a guy that's been on my radar and had a good session at the underwear olympics.

Could be a consideration at Day 3. Could be a nice developmental chip.

And the biggest caveat on Allen right now is his biggest flaws won't be under a microscope during the lead up.

Nic Shimonek is a guy that's been on my radar and had a good session at the underwear olympics.

Could be a consideration at Day 3. Could be a nice developmental chip.

And the biggest caveat on Allen right now is his biggest flaws won't be under a microscope during the lead up.

Yeah i would really kick the tires on shimonek. It's becoming increasingly obvious that Kliff Kingsbury is good at picking qb's.

Allen looks good in shorts and a tee-shirt.   In his conference he only complete 62% of his passes last year.   This is a red flag as far as I am concerned, what would his percentage be in on the top five conferences?   I hope Denver does select him........

They all have bust potential. I would put Mayfield at the top of that list. He better play up to his ego.

Mayfield has the IT factor and I'm convinced the comparisons to Drew Brees are pretty spot on. Watch how instinctive he is in the pocket. Polar opposite of Alex Smith. He moves to get his smaller frame passing lanes and then delivers accurately. He just wins and wins and wins. Ask Pat Mahomes. Kid throws for 700 yards vs OU and loses. Don't let this guy get to Denver!

If Jackson is there in the 2nd, we better take him.

Considering that our earliers pick is a late 2nd I doubt he'll last long. He was already considered a 1st round talent and didn't do anything to hurt his chances. With so many QB needy teams having at least 2 picks ahead of us I think the only option is trading up and that's not a good scenario for us with only day 2 picks.

Considering that our earliers pick is a late 2nd I doubt he'll last long. He was already considered a 1st round talent and didn't do anything to hurt his chances. With so many QB needy teams having at least 2 picks ahead of us I think the only option is trading up and that's not a good scenario for us with only day 2 picks.

That is why I said IF, I doubt he gets out if the 1st let alone early 2nd round. There will be some talent falling just like every year though.

That is why I said IF, I doubt he gets out if the 1st let alone early 2nd round. There will be some talent falling just like every year though.

I enjoy the 2nd day of the draft more than the first simply for that reason. So many guys falling in a round where it's easier to move around. If he ends up falling it's obvious that either GMs are mistaken or there's something wrong with him but I think Reid can turn him into a decent trade bait while being an insurance policy for Mahomes. 

Archived