Chiefs lnterested In Star Lotulelei?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to this, we just might be.... 

Chiefs have shown interest in Panthers free agent DT Star Lotulelei, per @TonyPauline

Veach said that we would be more "aggressive" in free agency, so I can't wait to see what transpires In ten days and beyond.

I can take or leave Star. I wanted him on draft day but lately I dont think he is  that special.  If you remember Carl Peterson  thought signing his own FA's as being "active" so I wouldn't hold your breath on any  big named FA's

I can take or leave Star. I wanted him on draft day but lately I dont think he is  that special.  If you remember Carl Peterson  thought signing his own FA's as being "active" so I wouldn't hold your breath on any  big named FA's

What does Carl Petersons opinion on free agency have to do with how Brett Veach will approach it?

Lotulelei is a good option for the right price. I don't think he'll break the bank as he has been decent but never a game changer so he shouldn't cost as much as Richardson while providing an above average level of play at DL. I wouldn't really consider him a top signing though, shouldn't cost any more than what we are paying Bailey IMO. 

What does Carl Petersons opinion on free agency have to do with how Brett Veach will approach it?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing

an interpretation  of what Active means is all. Being "Active" does not automatically  mean you'll be out signing other players if the players you like are already Chiefs & FA's this year. 

I didn't think it was that hard to comprehend 

an interpretation of what Active means is all. Being "Active" does not automatically mean you'll be out signing other players if the players you like are already Chiefs & FA's this year.

I didn't think it was that hard to comprehend

I knew what you meant.

“Active is how you see it”

We were already active

We will be active

We will be active signing our guys

We will be active and sign a guy

We will be very active and sign a few guys

I knew what you meant.

“Active is how you see it”

We were already active

We will be active

We will be active signing our guys

We will be active and sign a guy

We will be very active and sign a few guys

We will be active and sign ALL the guys

The Panthers have Kwann Short and some quality ends and Star was just worthless on that line. I dont see any value at all with him.

Wanna say I read a article that talks about teams double teaming Star thus the lack of stats and thus the reason why the other guys look better.  Kinda text book 3-4 NT if you ask me /shrug

Isn't his younger brother (who is Also a defensive tackle) available in the Draft?  I would much rather have the kid out of Utah....

Yes and I agree.

Wanna say I read a article that talks about teams double teaming Star thus the lack of stats and thus the reason why the other guys look better.  Kinda text book 3-4 NT if you ask me /shrug

I would disagree with that article and I don't stat watch to determine value.

Designated run stoppers aren't nearly as coveted in today's NFL, especially ones who aren't that dominant. Lotulelei is a strong candidate to get a generous contract because he was part of a stout Carolina defensive line and has a first-round pedigree. But the Panthers know better; he's not Damon Harrison or Linval Joseph. Lotulelei graded out as a negative run defender over the last two years, according to Pro Football Focus. He's a solid rotational player who is set to get paid like a star.

——this was from NFL.com

Designated run stoppers aren't nearly as coveted in today's NFL, especially ones who aren't that dominant. Lotulelei is a strong candidate to get a generous contract because he was part of a stout Carolina defensive line and has a first-round pedigree. But the Panthers know better; he's not Damon Harrison or Linval Joseph. Lotulelei graded out as a negative run defender over the last two years, according to Pro Football Focus. He's a solid rotational player who is set to get paid like a star.

——this was from NFL.com

exactly, hard pass.

Wanna say I read a article that talks about teams double teaming Star thus the lack of stats and thus the reason why the other guys look better. Kinda text book 3-4 NT if you ask me /shrug

And yet we're up in arms over Logans year of the same abuse with better numbers and likely less playing time.

With a better salary number, I'm all for the experiment. Hopefully we all figure out that a true NT isn't exactly the showstopper we think they are and yet they're still worth their weight in gold...pun intended. ????

Archived