Chiefs looking at Kiser?

Sorry if it has been posted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawgsbynature.com/platform/amp/2018/3/4/17077784/rumor-at-nfl-combine-chiefs-could-have-interest-in-trading-for-qb-deshone-kizer

Sounds like he can be had for a song. 1 year removes from being a Round one QB, he is projected to be 3rd on their depth chart?

I don’t know. I am good with it. A little green for a backup, but could be someone to flip like Andy does.

NO. I hate Dorsey for not helping out with Peters.

We can't find a QB? WE NEED OUR PICKS.

These websites aren't credible anyways. We need a vet qb don't we?

Well if you flip our 6th for their 7th it is just a few spots down and you get a chance to look at him

I'd rather have Kiser.  Chase Daniels hasn't proven much more and there is no potential value.

Well if everything works out with Mahomes with health/performance Kizer would never even sniff the field. Kizer won’t add anything to Pats growth and could only be a distraction. Best case he plays the backup role well and now we have two very green QBs to run the show.

Chase is like having another coach on the team. I think he would be perfect to help Pat grow. Should be cheap...and knows exactly what his role will be on this team.

Well if everything works out with Mahomes with health/performance Kizer would never even sniff the field. Kizer won’t add anything to Pats growth and could only be a distraction. Best case he plays the backup role well and now we have two very green QBs to run the show.

Chase is like having another coach on the team. I think he would be perfect to help Pat grow. Should be cheap...and knows exactly what his role will be on this team.

He is no competition let alone a distraction. That being said the kid has game. If I were him I would be eager to learn the game from Reid n let him resurrect my stock that clev killed, then trade me somewhere to be the guy.

Kizer looks like a great choice for us. He's on a rookie deal that pays him nothing over the next 3 years and has some raw talent that Reid can work on. Let's get him as a solid backup/insurance policy and if everything goes as excepted with Mahomes we can flip him for a decent pick in 2 years. Reid has a history of flipping QBs that don't get on the field for decent picks and teams are more than happy to give up something for similar QBs.

I don't like the idea of no competition for the starter, let Mahomes be on the edge all the time and focus on his play. I don't know if Kizer will be able to provide that but makes too much sense for us as there's almost no downside.

After getting Bray and Murray who people said would have been the first or second round picks if not for X, but then for them to be out of the league or third string, I would be happy for second rounder guy picked in the second round who is a back up like a second rounder. If we can get Kizer for little enough compensation, we should do that. Turn him into a real second rounder. ;)

As a Notre Dame fan... no thanks. It was insane to me that Kizer was drafted as high as he was. He screamed Jimmy Clausen or Brady Quinn version 2.0.

Well i think we all agree with you that Notre Dame sucks, but Andy has worked wonders with qb's before...

Well i think we all agree with you that Notre Dame sucks, but Andy has worked wonders with qb's before...

And Brady Quinn is worse. Not because he was here. Just was. He throws shade at people. Seems bitter he didn't get a third chance.

Archived