KC's new defensive assistant Alex Whittingham

I think this is a story that has flown under the radar of late with all the crazy trades, Sutton staying etc going on. But yeah this guy Alex Whittngham has been appointed as defensive assistant and Is the son of Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham. Apparently Kyle and Andy Reid go back a long way so I guess that made this deal easy to make. The interesting thing is Alex is only 25 YEARS OLD!!!. He was actually playing for Utah last season actually :D . But word is he's got a very intelligent brain and is a super talented coach. I look at Sean Mcvay's journey and it's pretty similar. Sean was an assistant WR's coach at Tampa aged 22/23, then went to the Florida Tuskers as a WR coach, and then ended up at the Redskins as an assistant TE coach by the age of 24. Four years later, and having spent time as a TE coach, he was then promoted to being the OC and that was that. 

In KC we've got two guys who could be our Mcvay. Whittingham (25) and our new QB coach Mike Kafka (30). I hope we don't make the mistake of letting these guys go whilst Reid continues to flatter to deceive. Kafka IMO is gonna be an OC and it's just a matter of when. Whittingham has already been schooled about the world of coaching via his dad, so don't be surprised to see him move up the ranks within the next few years as well.

https://www.diehards.com/utah/alex-whittingham-chiefs-defensive-assistant?utm_campaign=SF_UtahDieHards&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social'>HERE is an article about Alex joining the Chiefs.

I doubt anyone that young can be acclaimed as "super talented" as he hasn't had a chance to prove it yet. He could have "super potential" but that's it. Hopefully he works out but I feel like Chiefs are developing coaches a lot better than players. 

I doubt anyone that young can be acclaimed as "super talented" as he hasn't had a chance to prove it yet. He could have "super potential" but that's it. Hopefully he works out but I feel like Chiefs are developing coaches a lot better than players. 

Mcvay was around 22 when he got his first coaching job at Tampa. It's nothing to do with "age" whether someone is talented or not. It's just a matter of do they know what they are doing? And Alex has obviously learned a lot from his father, which is why he's In this position at the tender age of 25. 

I think super talented and super potential are both accurate and both can be used to describe someone even if they're young. I don't think anyone would question that Mahomes is super talented. The question lies in, will it translate? For either of them?

Quick Disclaimer: I don't doubt in the least that Mahomes is our 1st legitimate superstar Franchise Quarterback. But that's just my opinion. ???????????? in full effect.

Archived