Don't call 2018 a Rebuild

It's a fun post. It's inspiring if you let it be. Sure there are tons of questions unanswered but we won't know the scope in its entirety until the season begins anyway.

Gotta love hope!

Some people don't. Some love the company in misery, hahaha. I don't think at all it's a rebuild. My take is Mahomes will keep the offense good enough to always be within shot of a win no matter how bad the defense plays. The rebuild/retooling will be on defense. Bringing back Berry will speed this process up. Chiefs have 2 new CB's that could be lock down #1 and #2 CB's in the press man style defense that is sounds like the Chiefs will go back to using. Obviously we won't know for sure how that plays out and both CB's could end up being #2, and #3 CB's in terms of quality. The Chiefs can upgrade the defense through some free agent signings and the draft and I expect the transition from talent to on field play won't be as bad as some fans are making it out to be right now. It will be hard to replace Peters, but that doesn't mean the Chiefs can't field a quality defense without him.

Some people don't. Some love the company in misery, hahaha. I don't think at all it's a rebuild. My take is Mahomes will keep the offense good enough to always be within shot of a win no matter how bad the defense plays. The rebuild/retooling will be on defense. Bringing back Berry will speed this process up. Chiefs have 2 new CB's that could be lock down #1 and #2 CB's in the press man style defense that is sounds like the Chiefs will go back to using. Obviously we won't know for sure how that plays out and both CB's could end up being #2, and #3 CB's in terms of quality. The Chiefs can upgrade the defense through some free agent signings and the draft and I expect the transition from talent to on field play won't be as bad as some fans are making it out to be right now. It will be hard to replace Peters, but that doesn't mean the Chiefs can't field a quality defense without him.

Watch the defense be better next year. No superstar in Peters , but maybe a better unit as a whole. Veach is going to add a few more pieces and that pass rush will be upgraded.

Look out for K-Pass, dude might have a breakout year in 2018...

Why is it almost every thread has to mention Marcus Peters, that dickwad is gone!  Hard to replace?  Sure, he was part of

the 29th ranked pass defense for 2017, that sure will be hard to replace :D

Way too early to be setting goals for 2018. We should at least see how FA turns out. On paper a 12-win season is always great but right now Chiefs are yet to upgrade any position from 2017 and won't be able to do so until the new league year begins.

Way too early to be setting goals for 2018. We should at least see how FA turns out. On paper a 12-win season is always great but right now Chiefs are yet to upgrade any position from 2017 and won't be able to do so until the new league year begins.

Too early is indeed correct. But getting Berry back alone is a massive talent upgrade over 2017. Having a legit number 2 RB like Spencer Ware has to be an upgrade as well doesn't it. And even at 22 I think the talent upgrade at QB will make our offense more dynamic right there although certainly far more mistake prone as well. Is Fuller and Amerson and big step back from Peters and Mitchell? Clearly we need another corner. 

I think it’s fair to call it a derensive rebuild. Especially if Bailey and Logan are gone. We will conceivably have all new starting secondary from last year. Maybe 8 or more of 11 new starters from last year if you consider Berry.

One good thing is I've read the draft is deep at interior linemen so maybe we can shore up LG finally. Be interesting to see what holes we can fill this offseason, have a long way to go with our D. If Fuller pans out, I don't see how we can be much worse than last year, just hope PM lights it up to keep us in the mix.

Archived