What are we gonna do in Free Agency?

1 splash. 1 mid level. Several depth moves. 1 chance on a guy who could be a steal if healthy (like Dom Easley)...

Nice, I think so too.  Any guess on who the splash move would be on?

Nice, I think so too. Any guess on who the splash move would be on?

WR- Allen Robinson or Montcrief

TE- Graham or do we go younger with a chance on Eifert with a 2 year team option for a 3rd year deal?

LB- Preston Brown, going to be good next to Ragland and no longer a need for us heading into the draft.

S- Reid. Why, because it will show that it was not about the kneeling for Peters and we get a very good S next to Berry.

DL- Wilkerson. We take a chance based off him dealing with Sutton before.

One or two of these guys I think we sign.

WR- Allen Robinson or Montcrief

TE- Graham or do we go younger with a chance on Eifert with a 2 year team option for a 3rd year deal?

LB- Preston Brown, going to be good next to Ragland and no longer a need for us heading into the draft.

S- Reid. Why, because it will show that it was not about the kneeling for Peters and we get a very good S next to Berry.

DL- Wilkerson. We take a chance based off him dealing with Sutton before.

One or two of these guys I think we sign.

Isn’t it very unusual that we haven’t resigned any of our potential free agents yet. Pretty amazing really to me. Still need to see what we do with guys like Bailey, Wilson, Sherman, Colquit and even Fulton. Surely we are keeping someone.

I’d bet we sign a WR and draft a TE. Or perhaps vise versa. Your two guys are high profile which makes them iffy but definitely fit our huge need for red zone threats. Reid is the type of signing that makes sense and agree we are signing a veteran interior lineman. Wilkerson, Star ect.

For the most part I’d think we will be more involved in second tier type free agency than big splash guys. I think we are trying to get away from Top heavy cap roster. Second tier value ascending types or perhaps second contract guys that have taken a step back but we think fit our system better make sense.

Isn’t it very unusual that we haven’t resigned any of our potential free agents yet. Pretty amazing really to me. Still need to see what we do with guys like Bailey, Wilson, Sherman, Colquit and even Fulton. Surely we are keeping someone.

I’d bet we sign a WR and draft a TE. Or perhaps vise versa. Your two guys are high profile which makes them iffy but definitely fit our huge need for red zone threats. Reid is the type of signing that makes sense and agree we are signing a veteran interior lineman. Wilkerson, Star ect.

For the most part I’d think we will be more involved in second tier type free agency than big splash guys. I think we are trying to get away from Top heavy cap roster. Second tier value ascending types or perhaps second contract guys that have taken a step back but we think fit our system better make sense.

agreed

I think we go 2nd tier too but fill a couple spots with a high to above average FA from the list because it will see us up nicely for the draft. We can then go after the developmental types or ones with issues later in the draft for depth behind these guys. I do want to see DL, LB to be addressed in FA so we can use draft for the other position.

Even though this is not specific, Veach sums up the approach as follows:

“We kind of knew where this thing was going, both in the short and long-term,” Veach explained. “I think as we continue to progress through the month of March and to the draft, I think more of our ideas will get out there and the fans will be excited about it.”

Veach spoke about the aggressive nature he has displayed in building the roster and whether or not it’s something we’ll continue to see moving forward.

“We believe in what we’re doing,” he explained. “We know what we’re looking for in players and our roster and our culture. We believe in ourselves and we believe in our ability to evaluate talent and put people in positions to succeed.

“So, we’ll be aggressive if the situation presents itself, but we’re not going to be over-aggressive just to be aggressive, but when we see players we like, and we have a chance to get them, we’re going to get them.”

Archived