Earl Thomas

I love the guy, but we can't roll into the season with 21 million at safety. Not when we are hurting at so many other places. We can limp by with Murray or sign a cheap FA. Use that money for more critical needs would be my advice to Veach.

I think Seattle is tearing it down, and trying to rebuild around a still young QB. 

Some of these guys they're moving on from (Sherman, Bennett) have mouths as big as they're contracts.  Seems like the locker room has been disgruntled recently.  Lunatics attempting to run the asylum.

Get some fresh blood in there and rebuild it around Wilson.  They've got plenty of time.

I think Earl Thomas is a bit overrated. He's lost a step over the years.

This is similar to Berry playing with someone even less talented than Parker. Maybe Sorensen...

After Chancellor went down Thomas has been having to cover for subpar talent. This may be why you think he's lost a step. He and Berry came out the same year and both are ultra talented Safeties. Just a guess.

I live in the area and have been repeating what people over here say for years. Chancellor is the man and Thomas is pretty good but not at an elite level. He's a complimentary Safety and could be very useful with Berry. In fact could form a better tandem than they have done in Seattle but the price must be right. 

Also there's always about Thomas considering retirement for being scared of future health issue. I think that has been reflecting on his play as well after the latest one. 

Archived