"Hill and Kelce are already our 1 and 2 receivers and that's enough"

Heard Seth Keysor say this last night on a podcast when asked about adding another WR this offseason. And though I think Seth Is a smart guy, I simply cannot agree with this notion. I'm a firm believer that the more weapons you have on the field, the more problems you present to the opposition. Yes, Hill and Kelce are top class talent, and Mahomes is gonna have a field day with them IMO. But when you look at some of the better sides In the league they have TWO, or sometimes three WR's who can do damage. Mini have Thielan and Diggs, plus their TE, Pitt have Brown, Schuster and Bryant, PLUS their TE, Philly have Jeffery, Agohlor and TE Ertz etc. And this is why I'm massively In favor of adding another WR weapon. The only thing I'm struggling with is what kind of Receiver? A fast slot guy? a big, tall guy who can be a redzone weapon? Hell, maybe we get both? :D

Whatever the case, I'm 100% sure we will see one or two new WR's come into this ball club this offseason and I can't wait to see who they are and how they will fit into Andy's system. Last season teams knew that If they took Kelce and Hill away, we would tend to struggle. That's why I think it's imperative that we give DC's something else to think about.

It would be nice, but I don’t put it high on the list. We need to come up with a stud #2. I agree. I hope we find that in Robinson, Chesson or Conley. I would like to see what we have in that group this year. I think one of them steps up.

It would be nice, but I don’t put it high on the list. We need to come up with a stud #2. I agree. I hope we find that in Robinson, Chesson or Conley. I would like to see what we have in that group this year. I think one of them steps up.

I really like Robinson and have a big feeling In my mind that he's gonna explode next year, but the likes of Seth and the two guys on the "lockedownchiefs" podcast suggested that Robinson ran "the wrong routes" last season and they weren't impressed. I think he actually grew a lot In the last two games of the season though and has all the tools to succeed. 

I really like Robinson and have a big feeling In my mind that he's gonna explode next year, but the likes of Seth and the two guys on the "lockedownchiefs" podcast suggested that Robinson ran "the wrong routes" last season and they weren't impressed. I think he actually grew a lot In the last two games of the season though and has all the tools to succeed.

Well he gets more separation than Conley even running the wrong routes, lmao. Mahomes has seemed to have a rapport with DRob since the word go. I hope the guy turns into a good #2 for us.

Yeah i want to see what we have now that mahomes is starting. No question there is talent there. Wouldn't mind another fast guy they. Big or small, just fast.

I'd love a big WR, but I think the most logical move would be someone like Keke Coutee to replace Albert Wilson In the slot tbh. And the fact that they interviewed the kid at the combine makes me think that that's an idea they are exploring. 

Well he gets more separation than Conley even running the wrong routes, lmao. Mahomes has seemed to have a rapport with DRob since the word go. I hope the guy turns into a good #2 for us.

His performance towards the end of the first half against the Titans was sensational. Four catches for 50 yards and a TD. And In that entire drive he got separation every single time. Then sadly Alex 2015 showed up and we were toast. 

Well Kelce has been dealing with head injuries lately so you need another weapon just in case. I think a top 2nd TE is the better route than WR right now. We have WR that can be good and yet to see but we know what we have in TE after Kelce and it is not good.

We were woeful in red zone receiving and it’s clear to me Its is a huge need. We should be prioritizing this in either free agency or the draft. I’ll be surprised if Veach doesn’t agree. I can see us getting a legit #2 WR and another tight end actually. Find out soon enough.

We were woeful in red zone receiving and it’s clear to me Its is a huge need. We should be prioritizing this in either free agency or the draft. I’ll be surprised if Veach doesn’t agree. I can see us getting a legit #2 WR and another tight end actually. Find out soon enough.

What kind of WR though? A small speed guy or a big, tall one?? We interviewed Jaleel Scott, Auden Tate and Equa St Brown at the combine, all 6'4 plus guys. But we also interviewed Keke Coutee who is 5'9, so it's hard to know what they are thinking. 

I think Graham for TE would help a lot. Graham may want to try because he knows Reid likes to throw. Eifert if we can get a good and easily cut cap space deal if he stays healthy. Look at Montcrief or Robinson for WR threats

I'd rather spend the bulk of our FA money on the D side of the ball BUT I will its wrong to think "We got Hill and Kelce as our #1 and #2 receivers" because even if that might be the case I believe it all comes down to which teams are healthy/have depth.  Hill or Kelce go down?!?!?!  Yup we are in trouble, just take a look back at when Kelce got hit in the head for example.

I believe most teams going into the playoffs can win the Super Bowl and which ever team stays the healthiest or has the best depth wins.

That being said I like the idea to bring in either another stud TE OR stud WR but not both.

I'd rather spend the bulk of our FA money on the D side of the ball BUT I will its wrong to think "We got Hill and Kelce as our #1 and #2 receivers" because even if that might be the case I believe it all comes down to which teams are healthy/have depth.  Hill or Kelce go down?!?!?!  Yup we are in trouble, just take a look back at when Kelce got hit in the head for example.

I believe most teams going into the playoffs can win the Super Bowl and which ever team stays the healthiest or has the best depth wins.

That being said I like the idea to bring in either another stud TE OR stud WR but not both.

LOL so you're saying you wouldn't want a stud TE and a stud WR coming in? WHY? :D

I'd rather spend the bulk of our FA money on the D side of the ball BUT I will its wrong to think "We got Hill and Kelce as our #1 and #2 receivers" because even if that might be the case I believe it all comes down to which teams are healthy/have depth. Hill or Kelce go down?!?!?! Yup we are in trouble, just take a look back at when Kelce got hit in the head for example.

We saw what happened when Kelce went down in the playoffs. We can’t afford to have that little depth with one injury details on offense.

We saw what happened when Kelce went down in the playoffs. We can’t afford to have that little depth one injury details offense.

I think that was more a product of AS not wanting to throw to the other WR's or TE's after travis went down..alex had his go to guy which was Kelce and it screwed him up a bit

when that weapon was taken away

LOL so you're saying you wouldn't want a stud TE and a stud WR coming in? WHY? :D

Cap...I feel the majority of our cap room should be spent on the defensive side of the ball and I'd rather not see Veach drop down $20+ million on a WR and TE.  You would?

What If we draft all defense? 

Well that's a pretty big gamble there.

With FA being before the draft can Veach REALLY go with that plan?  Could make for a lot of reaching for players PLUS even the best rookie defensive players take time to be NFL ready, especially with not having a 1st rounder.  I just don't see late 2nd and 3rd round D players being able to come in as rookies and make a impact like say a #2 TE behind Kelce OR a #2 WR OR a OL guy could.  MAYBE a 2nd or 3rd round LB could step in besides Rag as a rookie and be a 2 down guy while learning.

FA-DL, CB and WR or TE

Look at draft for BPA 

I think that was more a product of AS not wanting to throw to the other WR's or TE's after travis went down..alex had his go to guy which was Kelce and it screwed him up a bit

when that weapon was taken away

Play calling detailed Alex Smith’s culpability in that second half offensive meltdown as well. But our lack of depth at TE and WR is a problem as well.

Actually there was an article break down of theolay calling and how it was not executed, people were open, Smith got happy feet or missed a receiver etc. There were a couple bad ones but over all the article showed it was a good offensive play calls in the 2nd half.

Well Kelce has been dealing with head injuries lately so you need another weapon just in case. I think a top 2nd TE is the better route than WR right now. We have WR that can be good and yet to see but we know what we have in TE after Kelce and it is not good.

I agree with this. Hill and Kelce are the top 2 options. On a team with an average TE that would be the equivalent to a stud #1 WR and stud #2 WR. The Chiefs don't need a stud #2 WR who is actually the 3rd option. Especially when they have Hunt who they expect to get the ball to more through the air. #2 WR now becomes #4 receiving option.  That's why I was hoping the Chiefs would just keep Wilson for 3.5 to 4 million per year. That's chump change for the Chiefs and the cap hit would be minimal. Keep a good role player who knows the system versus paying too much for a stud the Chiefs don't need. Upgrading the 2nd TE option would have far greater impact on the offense considering how often they use the 2 TE set. 

Unless his route running and hands significantly improve he won't be exploding anywhere next season

Archived