"Hill and Kelce are already our 1 and 2 receivers and that's enough"

Actually there was an article break down of theolay calling and how it was not executed, people were open, Smith got happy feet or missed a receiver etc. There were a couple bad ones but over all the article showed it was a good offensive play calls in the 2nd half.

Exactly what I'm talking about. It wasn't the play calling. But without Kelce we were a completely different team and Alex didn't help. 

I agree with this. Hill and Kelce are the top 2 options. On a team with an average TE that would be the equivalent to a stud #1 WR and stud #2 WR. The Chiefs don't need a stud #2 WR who is actually the 3rd option. Especially when they have Hunt who they expect to get the ball to more through the air. #2 WR now becomes #4 receiving option.  That's why I was hoping the Chiefs would just keep Wilson for 3.5 to 4 million per year. That's chump change for the Chiefs and the cap hit would be minimal. Keep a good role player who knows the system versus paying too much for a stud the Chiefs don't need. Upgrading the 2nd TE option would have far greater impact on the offense considering how often they use the 2 TE set. 

I'd be more than fine with this as long as its a very good TE like say Jimmy 

Otherwise give me a starting WR in FA over a avg/below avg #2 TE

I agree with this. Hill and Kelce are the top 2 options. On a team with an average TE that would be the equivalent to a stud #1 WR and stud #2 WR. The Chiefs don't need a stud #2 WR who is actually the 3rd option. Especially when they have Hunt who they expect to get the ball to more through the air. #2 WR now becomes #4 receiving option.  That's why I was hoping the Chiefs would just keep Wilson for 3.5 to 4 million per year. That's chump change for the Chiefs and the cap hit would be minimal. Keep a good role player who knows the system versus paying too much for a stud the Chiefs don't need. Upgrading the 2nd TE option would have far greater impact on the offense considering how often they use the 2 TE set. 

And I completely disagree with this notion. There were games last year where Kelce and Hill were on the field and our offense was absolutely dire. Yes, some of that may have been down to Smith but when you only have two "stud" receivers it's easier for the defense to scheme and take them away imo. If we have two stud WR's AND Kelce, then it opens up a new dimension for the offense because one of them is likely to be one on one on a consistent basis. And then it would open up the run game aswell. Teams found it way too easy to stop Hunt last season during that losing spell and by adding another weapon they will have to think twice about loading the box. 

Unless his route running and hands significantly improve he won't be exploding anywhere next season

"Hands?" He had one game where he dropped a few catches, of which some of them were very tough. So I don't agree with you about that. The route running? Well he has the offseason to work on that, just like Tyreek does. 

I'm starting to believe we're pretty set a wr with Robinson, Cheshu and Conley. What I'd like to see is the Chiefs bring in a true threat at the second TE position. I think that challenges a defense more than finding another WR. Draft or FA doesn't matter , as long as hey can come in and catch 30-40 balls and put added stress in the middle of the field.

"Hands?" He had one game where he dropped a few catches, of which some of them were very tough. So I don't agree with you about that. The route running? Well he has the offseason to work on that, just like Tyreek does.

Huh? Wilson has had horrible hands sense his rookie year. I’d say his biggest weakness.

Sure but he runs shitty routes still, has mediocre hands, has no catch radius to speak of and can't track deep balls for shit.

No way is Wilson that bad man yeah he has some alligator arms but if the throw is within his radius he'll come down with it. 

Dude looked real, real good with Mahomes his QB

Thinking the Chiefs will be fine with a rookie QB and 2 receivers is crazy. Besides Hill cannot even run decent routes. We are in desperate need for a solid possession receiver otherwise the transition won't be as easy. Besides injuries do happen and not having a safety net is a big mistake. 

No way is Wilson that bad man yeah he has some alligator arms but if the throw is within his radius he'll come down with it.

Dude looked real, real good with Mahomes his QB

None of it due to wilson. Mostly due to andy scheming him open and his qb not being human.

This year, Tyreek in year 2 was already a better route runner than wilson was in year 4. And it wasn't particularly close. Tyreek still has a ways to go, but at least he's showing improvement. What u think Albert gonna do this offseason that he didn't do in his first 4 offseasons?

This year, Tyreek in year 2 was already a better route runner than wilson was in year 4. And it wasn't particularly close. Tyreek still has a ways to go, but at least he's showing improvement. What u think Albert gonna do this offseason that he didn't do in his first 4 offseasons?

Not bothered about Albert Tbh as I don't think he will be here. Now Robinson? Well his uncle is former NFL receiver https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Robinson_(American_football)'>MARCUS ROBINSON, who once had a season where he went for 1400 yards and scored nine TD's, so maybe he can get a little advice from him? :D Tbh Demarcus got open so many times and Alex just missed him. And I think we should all focus more on his last two games against Denver and Tenn because he got way more targets than ever before and In those games his route running was spot on imo.

I just think wilson is out of our price range. We need to pay #3-4 receiver money, he'll get #2 receiver money. Realistically he'd be the 4th best receiving option... at best.

Only way I see it, is if mahomes is asking for him..

And I completely disagree with this notion. There were games last year where Kelce and Hill were on the field and our offense was absolutely dire. Yes, some of that may have been down to Smith but when you only have two "stud" receivers it's easier for the defense to scheme and take them away imo. If we have two stud WR's AND Kelce, then it opens up a new dimension for the offense because one of them is likely to be one on one on a consistent basis. And then it would open up the run game aswell. Teams found it way too easy to stop Hunt last season during that losing spell and by adding another weapon they will have to think twice about loading the box. 

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just looking at the cap, value versus production. Also during that stretch, the offensive line was trying to execute a more complicated blocking scheme. The coaches admitted as much. Once they went back to a more simple blocking scheme Hunt started producing again. Would the Chiefs have had that slump if they kept the blocking scheme simple the entire season? Also during that slump the Chiefs were without their #2 and #3 WR and were using 4th and 5th options. That isn't the same as what I was saying.

Huh? Wilson has had horrible hands sense his rookie year. I’d say his biggest weakness.

Wilson had a better catch to target ration then Hill in 2017, just saying. I think Wilson's history of drops is a thing of the past as he had good hands in 2017. Will it continue? Who knows.

Archived