What happens to our Punter?

Colquitt has struggled in stretches and the signs are there he's declining.

I'd aim to upgrade in the draft and bring him back if they miss.

That's the problem...Another team will sign him during FA while Veach sits on his hands waiting for draft.  THEN we are stuck with a rookie/bottom feeder

According the sporttrac he made 4.9 last year. The point is we are cutting ties with ring of Honor players and making a commitment to get younger. At 35, Dustin is likely not part of that plan. Maybe I am wrong, but he better be ready to play for a mill if he wants to come back. We are retooling to get younger and he is (I believe) the highest paid punter in the league.

According the sporttrac he made 4.9 last year. The point is we are cutting ties with ring of Honor players and making a commitment to get younger. At 35, Dustin is likely not part of that plan. Maybe I am wrong, but he better be ready to play for a mill if he wants to come back. We are retooling to get younger and he is (I believe) the highest paid punter in the league.

Agreed, he can be around 3 Mil year, but don't break the bank. Get younger if he ask for to much and help the cap space for next year too.

His leg strength is clearly not the same. But he’s still solid, the left leg spin still creates problems for punt returners and he’s a very reliable holder. And much like DAT, Dave Toub loves him which likeky carries a lot of weight. He’s got to work with us on salary though or I’d cut him in a heartbeat.

Makes sense. He's still one of the best in the business and as we are going younger on defense it helps to pay with a good field position.

As long as they don't over pay I am good with it and by over paying in mean around 5 million per season

His leg strength is clearly not the same. But he’s still solid, the left leg spin still creates problems for punt returners and he’s a very reliable holder. And much like DAT, Dave Toub loves him which likeky carries a lot of weight. He’s got to work with us on salary though or I’d cut him in a heartbeat.

I disagree with the leg strength for sure. Hang time is still in the 5 second range which is above average and the 70yd punt he had this year was 65 in the air easy.

We all know he's a pinpoint directional punter and was used, often to his detriment in short yardage punts in order to pin teams close to their own endzone.

He's worth everything he gets in my opinion.

Archived