Odell Beckham could be a Chief. Warning you right now.

No. Chiefs have nothing to give.

We could easily give up this years 2nd, a 3rd and 4th pick if we really wanted the guy :D . Or this years 2nd, and a 2nd from next year too? I wouldn't be against it because like him or not the guy is an absolute stud and arguably the most talented WR In the game.

We could easily give up this years 2nd, a 3rd and 4th pick if we really wanted the guy :D . Or this years 2nd, and a 2nd from next year too? I wouldn't be against it because like him or not the guy is an absolute stud and arguably the most talented WR In the game.

That would be dumb imo. Not enough balls to go around and we have way too many needs to be tossing aside day 2 picks for a superfluous wr.

That would be dumb imo. Not enough balls to go around and we have way too many needs to be tossing aside day 2 picks for a superfluous wr.

Yeah, it would never happen but hey, no harm in dreaming, right? :D 

And the Giants appear to have backtracked and "sources" are saying they aren't trading him, which was always gonna be the case imo because they will never find someone as good as him for a long, long time.

I am sure Watkins is thrilled. Now lets see if he stays healthy and earns that money on the field. I am just not a fan of paying big money to WRs, let alone divas.

I get the concern for injuries to an extent and the dollars are huge, but when has Sammy Watkins ever came across as a diva? Seems a humble man that loves his family... er was that part about obj?

There are only a few WRs that are actually worth a big payday. It's a QB driven leage and the difference between WRs rarely warrant the big money. Guys like Brown aren't the norm but exceptions. IMO the only reason Watkins was brought is to help Mahomes in the short term as a proven WR. Also I doubt Reid has much time left to win a ring so probably willing to give up money for that little difference at WR. Regarding OBJ we don't need another WR outside and won't be paying anyone the big bucks as there's no cap space to be spent at WR. 

If Mahomes turns out as expected I'm guessing we stop paying WRs big money in a couple years and make stars of our own. 

I get the concern for injuries to an extent and the dollars are huge, but when has Sammy Watkins ever came across as a diva? Seems a humble man that loves his family... er was that part about obj?

Yes, OBJ. I don’t like big money to WRs, but especially when they are a diva. How many diva WRs win?

I hope Watkins pans out, I just don’t like tying up a lot of cap on a single WR.

There are only a few WRs that are actually worth a big payday. It's a QB driven leage and the difference between WRs rarely warrant the big money. Guys like Brown aren't the norm but exceptions. IMO the only reason Watkins was brought is to help Mahomes in the short term as a proven WR. Also I doubt Reid has much time left to win a ring so probably willing to give up money for that little difference at WR. Regarding OBJ we don't need another WR outside and won't be paying anyone the big bucks as there's no cap space to be spent at WR.

If Mahomes turns out as expected I'm guessing we stop paying WRs big money in a couple years and make stars of our own.

Watkins was brought in to add speed. The big reason the spread hasn't worked in the nfl is the faster corners.

Well, you have hill, but if you're getting ready to run a crap ton of spread plays the next year (spoiler alert, we are) what must you have on the outside to keep defenses off guard even after they get a bunch of tape on your offense?

If you said unmatchable speed, you win.

Watkins was brought in to add speed. The big reason the spread hasn't worked in the nfl is the faster corners.

Well, you have hill, but if you're getting ready to run a crap ton of spread plays the next year (spoiler alert, we are) what must you have on the outside to keep defenses off guard even after they get a bunch of tape on your offense?

If you said unmatchable speed, you win.

With top speed on either side Safeties won't be crowing the box on us and the run game will work like a charm. When they decide to stop the run Mahomes will take the top off. It's gonna be a fun year.

The specific targeting of Watkins, IMO, has something to do with his route running. Hill might be the fastest guy in the league but only runs in one direction and Watkins will move all over the field with routes while always being a deep ball target. In 2-3 years Chiefs won't have to look at FA to find such speedy guys but will be grooming our own out of raw talent.

With top speed on either side Safeties won't be crowing the box on us and the run game will work like a charm. When they decide to stop the run Mahomes will take the top off. It's gonna be a fun year.

The specific targeting of Watkins, IMO, has something to do with his route running. Hill might be the fastest guy in the league but only runs in one direction and Watkins will move all over the field with routes while always being a deep ball target. In 2-3 years Chiefs won't have to look at FA to find such speedy guys but will be grooming our own out of raw talent.

Hill hardly runs only one direction.

Meh having ODB would be great but I'd rather have Watkins myself 

Watkins for 3 years at $16M/Y AVG and can be cut after year 1

VS

ODB for Multiple high draft picks and at least $20M a year(reported what his floor is)

VS

ODB for Multiple high draft picks and at least $20M a year(reported what his floor is)

And the baggage

The baggage is the biggest problem. Plus the investment. Not like he is a FA. I think he is a stud, but to many of those type WRs never get a ring. Not sure why, but maybe they read too many of their own press clippings. I wouldn’t put Marvin Harrison or Jerry Rice in that club, but Moss, Bryant, Owens, Green...

VS

Besides OBJ is destined for Jerry Jones. 

VS

Ah, ODB is quite dead and can probably be had for cheap.

OBJ on the other hand will not be.

Archived