Free agency

dksww

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct. If they counter offer and we sign him anyhow that's when the team would be liable for 2 firsts.

Correct. If they counter offer and we sign him anyhow that's when the team would be liable for 2 firsts.

the 2 firsts only come into play if the player gets the "exclusive" franchise tag designation.

I dont like the SOB but  I think with Berry in the backfield his class would  out shine Sherman's  ass-ness.. Not sure if the chiefs  should be in the market for him but I would not be mad if they tried

With the early contact period staying I wanted to get in a few thoughts and ideas.

Greg Robinson- he was the second overall pick a few years ago. Only 25. I think he would be interesting to bring in at LG. At 6'5" 330 and 35" arms he fits a mold Andy likes. He ran under 5.0 in the forty at his combine. He can move and get out front and block. He has struggled as a tackle in this league. Why not try him out at guard and see if he flourishes.

Donte moncrief- I'd like to see us go after this kid at 6'2 1/2" and a 40" vertical he could be a red zone type target. He was looking very good with luck. And I wonder if his fall off had more to do with inconsistent QB play. He also runs a 4.40 forty to stretch the field.

Mike Glennon- a veteran backup. Been in the league. Can be a serviceable guy. Could really benefit being with Reid and his system. Reminds me a little of foles. Had some promising showings and some real bad ones too. But foles got with Reid stabilized and continued in Philly. At this point Glennon won't cost a lot either.

I hope this thread is used for all activity. My understanding is the negotiating period can begin today at 4pm eastern.

I actually like all 3 of the guys you mentioned and think these are the type of mid tier/inexpensive w/upside signings we will focus on. I think we will sign a big name second contract guy, but Id be suprised to see 2 of those. I hope its on defense, lol.

Anyway Im going to be glued to my phone and NFL network today. Its exciting knowing we have a super aggressive GM who should make FA fun.

Greg Robinson is an interesting guy. Considering that we have no holes but LG on the line and the staff interviewing linemen at the combine I'm guessing Ehiringer or anyone else on the roster isn't considered an answer. Robinson is an athletic guy which is something Reid likes in the fatties so if he's looking for a switch I think he could be a good fit for the Chiefs but at this point he'll try to sign as an OT first. 

Moncrief is very interesting. Injury issues are a real concern but the dude can ball.

He will likely have to take a 1 year contract because of the injuries but he will probably have multiple suitors so it may be decent money. He's missed 11 games the past 2 years.

Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington 8m8 minutes ago

The plan is for Ndamukong Suh to be released as early as today as the Dolphins continue their attempt at a culture change – a plan that has purged arguably Miami’s three most talented players within last year. A lot riding on 2018.

He's going to make a lot of money in Cleveland

I dont understand why  they would release him now

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22733099/miami-dolphins-release-ndamukong-suh

If Suh is designated as a post-June 1 cut, the team would save $17 million against the 2018 salary cap. Releasing Suh now would save the Dolphins just $3.9 million against the cap.

***Dreaming of a world where Ndamukong Suh grew up a Chiefs fan, always wanting to play for them at a reasonable price, all-the-while coming to a realization that the actions of a true professional man in his position can make a legitimate difference in the world.***

Too much? ????

I dont understand why  they would release him now

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22733099/miami-dolphins-release-ndamukong-suh

If Suh is designated as a post-June 1 cut, the team would save $17 million against the 2018 salary cap. Releasing Suh now would save the Dolphins just $3.9 million against the cap.

Pretty sure each team can designate TWO post-June 1st cuts BEFORE June 1st.  The team won't save any extra money its just that the Savings/dead money can be spread over two years.  I think anyways?

Archived