Free agency

dksww

I dont understand why  they would release him now

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22733099/miami-dolphins-release-ndamukong-suh

If Suh is designated as a post-June 1 cut, the team would save $17 million against the 2018 salary cap. Releasing Suh now would save the Dolphins just $3.9 million against the cap.

You can designate someone as a post-June 1 cut now, to get the cap savings now.

I think you can do this one time per off-season.

EDIT:  Balto just stated it's 2 post june 1 cuts per off-season which I think is correct as well.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure each team can designate TWO post-June 1st cuts BEFORE June 1st.  The team won't save any extra money its just that the Savings/dead money can be spread over two years.  I think anyways?

you get the cap savings now with a post june 1 cut prior to june 1.  i think you're right, you get 2 of those per off-season.

***Dreaming of a world where Ndamukong Suh grew up a Chiefs fan, always wanting to play for them at a reasonable price, all-the-while coming to a realization that the actions of a true professional man in his position can make a legitimate difference in the world.***

Too much?

I heard at 12 years old Suh was sitting on the floor watching football and saw Derrick Thomas record his 7 sacks in one game.  That day Suh turned to his mom and said "Mommy I wanna be just like Mr. Thomas when I grow up".

Just what I heard  B) 

I heard at 12 years old Suh was sitting on the floor watching football and saw Derrick Thomas record his 7 sacks in one game.  That day Suh turned to his mom and said "Mommy I wanna be just like Mr. Thomas when I grow up".

Just what I heard  B)

Wait NM Suh would of only been 3 years old hahaha.  

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago

The #Texans are the favorites to sign former #Chiefs OL Zach Fulton to a multi-year deal worth more than $7M per year, source said. He should play center for them. Other teams are in the mix, but Houston is the likely landing spot.

Seems a little high for Fulton, IMO.

Hmmm

Wilkerson-$10M

Poe-$10M

Logan-$8M

Suh-$14M

Who do you take?

Give me Suh on a 3 year $45M, with $30M guaranteed 

No thank you.

I can't stand this guy as a human being. Great talent. He is such a dirty player I would never want to root for him. 

Andrew Siciliano‏Verified account @AndrewSiciliano 6m6 minutes ago

.@TomPelissero reports @nflnetwork that the Vikings have reached out to Drew Brees today.

Not buying it. They are doing eachother a favor.

This gets the Saints to offer more and Cousins will sweat some if Vikings is his ideal landing.

Archived