Sammy Watkins to the Chiefs

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H o l e e e e s h I t. Our offense is gonna be downright nasty.

I have one concern. Just one. I really hope Reid doesn’t have Hunt rushing the ball like 10-12 times a game because he’s in love with wr screens. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love this signing, I just know when Reid is calling plays he tends to forget about the run for long stretches. If we can stay balanced, this offense is going to be a nightmare for defenses and is going to break records.

I'm sorry, the kid has talent, but you're telling me he's worth $16 million a year? Kid always has some lingering injury and was the 3rd best receiver on the rams. Just seems like a lot of money being paid for potential still. Feels like a bad Dorsey contract everyone is going to bitch about next year as the kid is on the bench hurt more than the field. Rather have a proven Trumain Johnson at that price.

I'm sorry, the kid has talent, but you're telling me he's worth $16 million a year? Kid always has some lingering injury and was the 3rd best receiver on the rams. Just seems like a lot of money being paid for potential still. Feels like a bad Dorsey contract everyone is going to bitch about next year as the kid is on the bench hurt more than the field. Rather have a proven Trumain Johnson at that price.

Albert Wilson got $8 million a year, if you want a talented WR like Watkins, you're gonna have to pay.  It's not our money and the Chiefs have tons of cap space after this year.  Who cares about how much these guys cost?

Contract is 3 years and will end before we have to pay Mahomes. Having a qb on a rookie deal is what allows for signings like this. I’m not at all concerned about the money part of this.

If your playing Fantasy Football he was #4. His 8 TD catches lead the team by 3 over the next receiver. The last I checked TDs are more important than receiving yards.

My comment was focused on why was his production down with he RAMS? Was wondering if he was injured.

I think its a great move. Yes TDs are important too. 

Way too much money for a 60-65 catch guy who is now on his third team of his career.

Over paid. Not even top 10 in receptions.

A RB in Pitt had more receptions....should have kept Wilson.

Not top 10 in receptions but he was top 10 in TDs. I'll take TDs over receptions and yards any day of the week.

Not top 10 in receptions but he was top 10 in TDs. I'll take TDs over receptions and yards any day of the week.

I think KC will get both. Plus KC now has some depth. So if a guy needs a few plays off or a few games off no big deal. If Kelce goes out in the first half no big deal plenty of weapons.

My comment was focused on why was his production down with he RAMS? Was wondering if he was injured.

I think its a great move. Yes TDs are important too.

He had surgery, 2 screws inserted into his left foot in January 2017. Then he didn't sign with Rams until right before the season started. After roughly a year and a half of healing he should be OK, foot wise.

Way too much money for a 60-65 catch guy who is now on his third team of his career.

Over paid. Not even top 10 in receptions.

A RB in Pitt had more receptions....should have kept Wilson.

They overpaid by 1-2 million dollars to get him.

lol @ Albert Wilson getting $8m.  Talk about an overpay, but yeah, KC should've over paid Wilson instead lol

They overpaid by 1-2 million dollars to get him.

lol @ Albert Wilson getting $8m. Talk about an overpay, but yeah, KC should've over paid Wilson instead lol

I believe paying hundreds of dollars for a phone is overpaying. Paying over 50 cents for a cup of coffee is overpaying. Paying 5-6 dollars for a can of shit beer on airplanes is overpaying.

When it comes to sports it's only overpaying if the player turns out to be a bust and never contributes to the team.

3 years is a good thing. I like Veach's aggressiveness. Hitchens was all but signed in Indianapolis and Veach swooped in. Indy fans are pissed. Lol. To do this you have to overpay. I get that and I hope it doesn't backfire. I really do like Watkins, I just wish it didn't have to be such a heavy price for a player that has injury history.

shades of Emmanuel Sanders a few years back

Btw goff was entirely mediocre. Good weapons and great playcalling made him look better than he is.

Had 8 TD grabs without a real connection with his QB Goff. He was basically a 3rd or 4th option in LA.

Remember the game Watkins smoked Sean Smith at Arrowhead with two tough TDs in 2015. That was coming from Tyrod Taylor lol.

Had 8 TD grabs without a real connection with his QB Goff. He was basically a 3rd or 4th option in LA.

Remember the game Watkins smoked Sean Smith at Arrowhead with two tough TDs in 2015. That was coming from Tyrod Taylor lol.

Yeah Sammy is a hell of a receiver but he's had shit at qb his entire career. And still only 24 years old. To me this is an A+ signing if he has a low cap number this year.

The thing is that Watkins actually has the skill/talent if he stays healthy to be BETTER than Hill!  It's just amazing to think that the ceiling for Watkins is a guy who makes Hill our #2 hahaha

LOVE THIS 

Watkins was open fairly frequently last year, but Goff struggled to connect with him all year.

The contract is pretty bad, but his value cpuld be good....could also be nothing if his foot is reinjured. Guess we'll find out.

We don't really know the contract yet to see if it's good or bad. The raw numbers on a contract mean nothing until we see the breakdown. This could be, in reality, a one year deal for all we know.

Archived