Sammy Watkins to the Chiefs

5 years vs 50?

LMAO.....

Flacco has more playoff wins in his rookie season than the Chiefs do since 1993.

Not sure why you all have to refer back to Joe whenever I post something truthful about a Chiefs player, coach etc....seems a little obsessive to me...

But good luck with that 32 million guaranteed for Watkins- an avg WR on his third team in 5 years....

Well I guess we could have picked up Maclin and dropped him again like another team just did and for that great year of productivity too....

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 years vs 50?

LMAO.....

Flacco has more playoff wins in his rookie season than the Chiefs do since 1993.

Not sure why you all have to refer back to Joe whenever I post something truthful about a Chiefs player, coach etc....seems a little obsessive to me...

But good luck with that 32 million guaranteed for Watkins- an avg WR on his third team in 5 years....

You're taking an opposing fans view on his, Hands. You'd love to have Watkins on the Ravens roster for Flacco to throw 5 yard outs to.

In four seasons, Watkins has averaged 60 yards per game and a TD every other game. He did that with a hot garbage collection of crap QB's. The kid is still young and is ascending. No reason to think he can't too 1000 yards and 8-10 td's in the Chiefs offense. If he does, the money is well spent. If he doesn't, at least the Chiefs are swinging for the fences and taking a chance on a great talent with plenty of upside.

The whole NFL has gone mad. I'm ambivalent about this signing. Didn't like Wilson all that much.

Players sign for the money or the location.- Wilson went to South Beach- good for him.

33 million guaranteed for Watkins , who is now on his third team, reeks of desperation to me.

This is an elite talent who will only be 25 next year. His inconsistency could easily be traced to mediocre QB play and injury. Or maybe his foot injury or something else is an issue. Even still he had the second best catch percentage in the red zone last season. This is a high upside gamble that at the very least fits a need.

But a desperation move? Huh? By comparison the Chiefs already had a better WR, TE AND RB than the Ravens. What in the world makes our situation desperate???

5 years vs 50?

LMAO.....

Yes it will be fun to watch him torch the Ravens.

This is an elite talent who will only be 25 next year. His inconsistency could easily be traced to mediocre QB play and injury. Even still he had the second best catch percentage in the red zone last season. This is a high upside gamble that at the very least fits a need.

But a desperation move? Huh? By comparison the Chiefs already had a better WR, TE AND RB than the Ravens. What in the world makes our situation desperate???

Exactly. Free Agents set the new bar, Thats the way it is. This is about Mahommes being a success more than Watkins. 

Handswarmer needs to take his hands out of his pants. :lol:

5 years vs 50?

LMAO.....

And good luck with #1 WR Ryan Grant lmao

Desmond Howard, a kick returner has a SB MVP also. Mark Rypien and Doug Williams have MVPs also. Normally unless someone really shines, the MVP defaults to the winning teams QB.

29 of the 52 MVPs are the winning teams QB warranted or not. Hey but it is what is, sort of like being picked for the Pro-Bowl.

Only one other QB ever had a post season run like Joe's 11TD's and Zero INT's

His name was Joe also.......Montana

Well I guess we could have picked up Maclin and dropped him again like another team just did and for that great year of productivity too....

Maclin cost us $2.5 million plus another $2,500,000 Signing Bonus. Cleared $5 million in cap room by cutting him.

Not a big loss IMO considering when the Chiefs cut him and that he dropped in our lap.

He consistently showed he didn't really want to be here for some reason.

You're taking an opposing fans view on his, Hands. You'd love to have Watkins on the Ravens roster for Flacco to throw 5 yard outs to.

In four seasons, Watkins has averaged 60 yards per game and a TD every other game. He did that with a hot garbage collection of crap QB's. The kid is still young and is ascending. No reason to think he can't too 1000 yards and 8-10 td's in the Chiefs offense. If he does, the money is well spent. If he doesn't, at least the Chiefs are swinging for the fences and taking a chance on a great talent with plenty of upside.

32 Million for  a yearly career avg 59  catches......Le-Veon Bell had 80 last year alone.

3rd team in 5 years

Jared Goff was hot garbage last year?

TDS 28 INT 7 YDS 3,804 RTG 100.5

Yet Watkins only caught 39 balls from him for 583 yds?

This is an elite talent who will only be 25 next year. His inconsistency could easily be traced to mediocre QB play and injury. Or maybe his foot injury or something else is an issue. Even still he had the second best catch percentage in the red zone last season. This is a high upside gamble that at the very least fits a need.

Elite?

Shit, you guys set the bar for "elite" pretty low at 59 catches a year.

Why do you try to compare the Chiefs to the Ravens? Not even the same division....we are talking Chiefs here.

32 Million for a yearly career avg 59 catches......Le-Veon Bell had 80 last year alone.

3rd team in 5 years

lol yes because judging qb's on basic stats tells you how good they are. Guessing you didn't watch him play. He wasn't hot garbage but he was thoroughly mediocre.

32 Million for a yearly career avg 59 catches......Le-Veon Bell had 80 last year alone.

3rd team in 5 years

Lol and 10 of those 8 TD were from Watkins. Maybe if Goff learned to look his way more than just in the red zone he would have even better stats. Maybe if he had more than 70 targets? Comparing a rb who had 85 catches for 655 yards only but with 106 targets and just 2 tds? I am sure it is hard catching those screens and such as a rb..... let's see what he can do when healthy, which he was finally getting to again last year.

Lol and 10 of those 8 TD were from Watkins. Maybe if Goff learned to look his way more than just in the red zone he would have even better stats. Maybe if he had more than 70 targets? Comparing a rb who had 85 catches for 655 yards only but with 106 targets and just 2 tds? I am sure it is hard catching those screens and such as a rb..... let's see what he can do when healthy, which he was finally getting to again last year.

Too many "ifs" for 32 million guaranteed

Healthy? He had stats in 15 games......

32 Million for  a yearly career avg 59  catches......Le-Veon Bell had 80 last year alone.

3rd team in 5 years

You keep saying "3rd team in five years" like it is somehow a sign of bad things.  It's like if you keep saying it, the negative implication will somehow become true.... He was traded in the last year of his rookie deal to a team that openly wanted him back, but couldn't use the tag on him if they wanted to because they had to use it elsewhere.  Players like this - at this age - almost never hit the open market and when they do, they usually get paid.  He got paid.  

5:52 mark.. enjoy.  http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000901355/Bengals-vs-Ravens-highlights-Week-17 

I think fucking crack must be legal now in Maryland.

Lmao

Only one other QB ever had a post season run like Joe's 11TD's and Zero INT's

His name was Joe also.......Montana

He had a good post-season run, but I think that era is over and he's probably cooked. I anticipate 2017 will be his final year in Baltimore.

It's amazing how the Ravens shit their pants after that SB run.

Archived