Sammy Watkins to the Chiefs

I don't get mad- I just don't get why when I comment on Chief, the answer always has to include a dig (warranted or not) on Flacco?

Seems kinda petty to me...

Shit Hands.., It's been going on since you guys drafted him.., "Handswarmer.., Yea, yea, but Flacco".., It's like "Naigara Falls"..,

Might as well be your middle name.., :lol: :lol:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the Ravens lost their prized WR FA pick up in Grant. Wow, 84 catches and 985 yards over for years and failed a physical on his ankle. On to Crabtree now per ESPN. If they were giving Grant 29 million, wonder what they will do with Crabtree now that the WR market is done.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22782362/wr-ryan-grant-fails-physical-deal-baltimore-ravens-voided

You dog Watkins and I dog Flacco. It’s chest bumping, trash talking, fun banter between opposing fans.

Which one of the two has a better chance at going to the Pro Bowl this year? See, that’s fun.

I wonder if kaepernick can't get a job because people still can't believe they lost a superbowl to joe "mediocre" and the ravens? I mean you lost to flacco on the biggest stage... it's like they weren't even tryna win.

He is the guy in KC. He is the man in KC. He has done this before.

So you aren't considering that Andy said the first thing veach did when he got the job was try to trade for hitchens and then Watkins, and that he was the driving force behind signing both?

Soren Petro had the Bills beat writer on his show today and he called Watkins a great kid who works hard and a welcome addition to any locker room. That's nice to hear. He added that he thinks Watkins has just scratched the surface of his ability and if Andy Reid figures out how to use him right can become an elite WR. Just one mans opinion but always good to hear. 

So you aren't considering that Andy said the first thing veach did when he got the job was try to trade for hitchens and then Watkins, and that he was the driving force behind signing both?

Both those guys are very clearly Veach guys. I really don't think and certainly hope Andy is not micromanaging every move. He let Dorsey and now Veach do most of the roster building. That said there's no doubt it's Andy's team and if he REALLY wants something done, it probably will happen. But that doesn't mean he's the kingpin behind every move. 

Both those guys are very clearly Veach guys. I really don't think and certainly hope Andy is not micromanaging every move. He let Dorsey and now Veach do most of the roster building. That said there's no doubt it's Andy's team and if he REALLY wants something done, it probably will happen. But that doesn't mean he's the kingpin behind every move.

Would guess it's more like "we need another fast wr and ilb"...

Or it could be that veach has eyes.

Would guess it's more like "we need another fast wr and ilb"...

Or it could be that veach has eyes.

Both make sense. Go get me this type of player type deal. I think Veach is showing himself very competent at player evaluation so far so letting him go and pay his top free agent WR and ILB also made sense. 

Seems to me a lot of Chiefs have been questioned as to what they can do. I remember when Hill was projected as a WR1...i heard a lot of "He's too small"..."He's a gadget guy"...Hill proved them wrong.

When Ware went down last year many said "Chiefs are done". Gonna have to go with a 3rd round rookie. How did that turn out.

"No air raid QB has amounted to anything in the NFL". How many of us have heard that? It's a small sample size but Mahomes did go on the road against a division rival with a top tier defense and with a bunch of backups he won. I feel he is the real thing.

So my confidence level for Watkins is pretty high. Andy knows how to get the most out of his guys.

Of course not. Simple .... I dont think player moves are made without Reids ok.

I'll add this Veach comment I heard from a video posted on Chiefs.com with BJ Kissel...."I think Watkins has a chance to be the best WR in the game."   This is clearly his guy and he will either deserve all the criticism or all the praise if it works out. 

You dog Watkins and I dog Flacco. It’s chest bumping, trash talking, fun banter between opposing fans.

Which one of the two has a better chance at going to the Pro Bowl this year? See, that’s fun.

I never 'dogged on Watkins"

I questioned the Guaranteed money.

I think I can explain it, you are not just "talking chiefs", you come in and make continuous negative comments with respect to one of the Chief's free agent signings.   That free agent has Chief fans excited, there's optimism that Watkins can add to an already potent offense.  But, like always you come in and try to douse the excitement and since you are a fan of another NFL team, it is natural to retaliate.  If you don't want or expect that kind of response, then quit raining on the parade.  What i really don't get is why anyone here gives a shit what you think anyway.

Well, I disagree. There are a lot of positive things that I post. You just don't want to see them.

Not drinking the Red Kool-aid is equivalent to "continuous negative comments"? Umm, okay.

But I was right about Cassel. I was right about Larry Johnson. Myself and Bstud have been right about alot of things your Chiefs fans didn't want to see.

But hey that's cool...

I'll add this Veach comment I heard from a video posted on Chiefs.com with BJ Kissel...."I think Watkins has a chance to be the best WR in the game." This is clearly his guy and he will either deserve all the criticism or all the praise if it works out.

Yep. It's clear that both watkins and hitchens are veach guys. We'll see how it works out.

Well, I disagree. There are a lot of positive things that I post. You just don't want to see them.

Not drinking the Red Kool-aid is equivalent to "continuous negative comments"? Umm, okay.

But I was right about Cassel. I was right about Larry Johnson. Myself and Bstud have been right about alot of things your Chiefs fans didn't want to see.

But hey that's cool...

The sun even shines on a dog's ass some days...

Yep. It's clear that both watkins and hitchens are veach guys. We'll see how it works out.

In reality almost every HC has an idea about players on other teams but rarely have the time to fully scout them. Veach probably got Reid's input but both are probably his guys that Veach or his staff scouted. 

In the end it will all go in Veach's resume. The thing regarding Reid is whether or not he'll be able to coach these guys once they come to training and get the most out of them. 

Contracts are fickled things. If a player plays well under a contract it's called a good contract. If a player plays like shit under a contract it's called bad. However, in both cases you truly don't know if it's good or bad until the end of the contract.

I know some are talking about the past. Different circumstances produce different results. Who was Watkins QBs, who was playing opposite of him, how many threats did a certain team have, what style of offense did the teams incorporate. The variables are many too many to count.

One thing I do know, in KC the Chiefs have multiple passing options so Watkins won't be double teamed, they mix the offense up, 543 passes to 405 rushes. Mahomes, in what I've seen, is as good if not better than Watkins previous QBs.

I will wait until his contract is over to determine if it was a bad deal or not.

Contracts are fickled things. If a player plays well under a contract it's called a good contract. If a player plays like shit under a contract it's called bad. However, in both cases you truly don't know if it's good or bad until the end of the contract.

I know some are talking about the past. Different circumstances produce different results. Who was Watkins QBs, who was playing opposite of him, how many threats did a certain team have, what style of offense did the teams incorporate. The variables are many too many to count.

One thing I do know, in KC the Chiefs have multiple passing options so Watkins won't be double teamed, they mix the offense up, 543 passes to 405 rushes. Mahomes, in what I've seen, is as good if not better than Watkins previous QBs.

I will wait until his contract is over to determine if it was a bad deal or not.

Agree. If Mahommes is what they think he is then Watkins and CO will be amazing too.

I am not dogging Flacco. Just st questioning his ability to be a good QB. Like you did Smith so often. Damn, you are usually not so whiny.

I would disagree on the dogging of Flacco.

Being as this is a Chiefs board, conversations about Chiefs players are warranted.

The constant retort of "oh yeah but Flacco sux" gets old when it has zero to do with the conversation.

Archived