Chiefs close to signing Dallas LB

Now that's a big upgrade. Can't wait til we see the real numbers on these contracts though.

Probably backloaded. Which is fine because these are very young second contract guys, and the Chiefs are pretty much cap rich starting in 2019. As long as this years numbers are low, no issue.

Probably backloaded. Which is fine because these are very young second contract guys, and the Chiefs are pretty much cap rich starting in 2019. As long as this years numbers are low, no issue.

Pay off guaranteed monies as much as you can this and next year and make the cap hits less expensive down the road if we can. We will need to look at extending others next season or right before to maintain the group and keep it going with draft and FA.

Pay off guaranteed monies as much as you can this and next year and make the cap hits less expensive down the road if we can. We will need to look at extending others next season or right before to maintain the group and keep it going with draft and FA.

Yeah we've got some big contracts coming up. Tyreek and chris Jones will be expensive.

45]

Terez A. PaylorVerified account @TerezPaylor

FollowingFollowing

@TerezPaylor

More

Terez A. Paylor Retweeted Gene Pendakiwskyj

Hitchens is a Cover 2 linebacker who can run and hit. Because Chiefs are in nickel so much they're betting he'll be a nice fit next to Ragland, a thumper, on three downs

This post points out the problem to me.... We are in Nickle soooo much ... even when it’s an obvious running down. Sutton is more the problem than personnel/talent. If he’s still calling the D we’re going to be screwed. It’s 2003 all over again.

This post points out the problem to me.... We are in Nickle soooo much ... even when it’s an obvious running down. Sutton is more the problem than personnel/talent. If he’s still calling the D we’re going to be screwed. It’s 2003 all over again.

Perhaps Sutton ran nickle so much because he was compensating for other deficiencies...IDK. 

I do know until last year we had a Top ten scoring defense. the previous years with Sutton which I am okay with. Berry coming back will help a lot. Adding Hitchens and Fuller...getting Ford back. Pick up a player here or there...we just might be okay.

Perhaps Sutton ran nickle so much because he was compensating for other deficiencies...IDK.

I do know until last year we had a Top ten scoring defense. the previous years with Sutton which I am okay with. Berry coming back will help a lot. Adding Hitchens and Fuller...getting Ford back. Pick up a player here or there...we just might be okay.

Hitchens done deal??

Archived