Soooo, you get one more...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to see Johnson.

Need some of them linemen too though.

Oh, and the Safety...

Hmmm...I can't decide. I definitely want to see each of these positions addressed in some way shape or form though.

Why not Johnson and move Amerson to Parkers spot as a safety? He is 3 inches taller and the same weight as Parker. It may do him well to keep the receivers in front of him. If not sign Johnson and then sign Wilkerson to a prove it contract of 1 to 2 years. I think he will not get the big contract he is after and teams will want this from him.

I know we don't know the exact terms, but I'm guessing Watkins and Hitchens will eat up at least $20m in cap space combined, leaving KC about 6-7 million roughly to work with.

Not sure any of those players can be signed at this point, but again I understand the Watkins and Hitchens deals could be backloaded creating more space for this year.

I know we don't know the exact terms, but I'm guessing Watkins and Hitchens will eat up at least $20m in cap space combined, leaving KC about 6-7 million roughly to work with.

Not sure any of those players can be signed at this point, but again I understand the Watkins and Hitchens deals could be backloaded creating more space for this year.

Mitchell Schwartz structured his contract so his base salary was less than1 million dollars  with a cap hit of 2.4 the fist year he was here. I wouldn't worry too much about the 2018 number. As long as they are under the cap on Wednesday when the league year begins that's all that's required. We are in terrific cap shape for 2019 and going forward. i wouldn't rule out another nice signing. 

Tough choice...we need another corner, a NT, an edge rusher. I think we are counting on Dee and Tanoh as our guys on the edge.  I would like Richardson but I don't think we can afford him.  I am hoping Wilkerson can come cheaper than Richardson and we can convince him to work.  A combo Trumaine Johnson and Dontari Poe would be nice.

cannot remember where i saw it but there was a story about ford and that if he does not pass his physical then the chiefs can still cut him and recoup 8 Million back

don't know if it is true or not, every time i think i have a handle on salary cap functions something else comes along and mucks it all up

cannot remember where i saw it but there was a story about ford and that if he does not pass his physical then the chiefs can still cut him and recoup 8 Million back

don't know if it is true or not, every time i think i have a handle on salary cap functions something else comes along and mucks it all up

It's only if he passes the physical can the Chiefs cut him for the cap space. 

Yep. A big body two gap run stopping NT, could be found in the draft for sure. No more stop gap experiments like Logan this year please. Chiefs were embarrassing against the run in the playoffs the last two years. Hitchens will help on the second level with his speed but that initial push has to come up the middle

Archived