Anyone have an idea how much cap space left?

I'm guessing 6-7 million

Facepalm...

I remember we used to argue about this on scout. You'd say things like "I'd love to see them sign 'x player', but they don't have the cap room". Its like you just cannot grasp the concept about the numerous ways the cap can be manipulated.

Now again you think these 2 contracts we have given out are black and white. 16 million and 9 million per respectively. You think that they have given themselves 6 or 7 million dollars to sign all remaining free agents and a draft class with?

Facepalm...

I remember we used to argue about this on scout. You'd say things like "I'd love to see them sign 'x player', but they don't have the cap room". Its like you just cannot grasp the concept about the numerous ways the cap can be manipulated.

Now again you think these 2 contracts we have given out are black and white. 16 million and 9 million per respectively. You think that they have given themselves 6 or 7 million dollars to sign all remaining free agents and a draft class with?

Lol idk, what do you think they have in cap space?

Id be very surprised if Veach had the job of cleaning up our cap and immediately put us in a bad cap spot again for 2018. Id guess the 2018 number is lower for both guys and escalates.

Then it puts strain on the 2019/2020 cap, right? either way it will be interesting to see how they’re structured. 6-7 million seems like a reasonable guess to me, although I’d think it’s more 10-12 range. There’s other flexibility, like Baileys contract.

I’d be surprised if Veach leads us into another cap hell, so I like his aggression.

But cap hell is also what allows you to watch all-time greats play together for a long time. So it’s not all bad!

Id be very surprised if Veach had the job of cleaning up our cap and immediately put us in a bad cap spot again for 2018. Id guess the 2018 number is lower for both guys and escalates.

I think it's in the Sammy Watkins thread, but I stated I figured between Watkins and Hitchens, the two would cost about 20 million the first year leaving Kc about 6-7 in cap space right now. They had 27 million to start free agency with.

Other moves can be made to clear up more.

Just have to wait and see.

Then it puts strain on the 2019/2020 cap, right? either way it will be interesting to see how they’re structured. 6-7 million seems like a reasonable guess to me, although I’d think it’s more 10-12 range. There’s other flexibility, like Baileys contract.

I’d be surprised if Veach leads us into another cap hell, so I like his aggression.

But cap hell is also what allows you to watch all-time greats play together for a long time. So it’s not all bad!

Not exactly with us having $80+ million in cap space for 2019....Gives Veach a lot of flexibility this season.

I'm with Luvhouse on this though,

There is almost zero chance of saying what cap space is before we know how the contracts are structured.  

-Veach could be done with big FA signings sooooo he front loads the two contracts to eat up the $30M in cap space we have 

-Veach could be eyeing other FAs and wants as many young talent players he can get and pushes most the money to 2019 where we have $80+ Million in cap space

-Veach could be like /shrug what ever and balance the contracts out evenly and Sammy gets his $16M per year and Hitchens gets his $9M per year.

-Veach could give Sammy his $16M per year and structure Hitchens where he gets only $3M this  year

There are soooo many more scenarios and everyone leaves us with a different :remaining" cap space amount.

HUNT needs to stay on top of this. No excuses. You know .... fool me once etc.

I think it's in the Sammy Watkins thread, but I stated I figured between Watkins and Hitchens, the two would cost about 20 million the first year leaving Kc about 6-7 in cap space right now. They had 27 million to start free agency with.

Other moves can be made to clear up more.

Just have to wait and see.

And just like I told you, that was wrong. Hitchens cap number for 2018 is less than 4 million.

This guy seems to think we have 14m left?

Matt VerderameVerified account @MattVerderame
FollowFollow @MattVerderame
More

The #Chiefs should have somewhere around $14M in cap space after the Watkins deal.

IF this proves to be the case, then I'd be disappointed If we don't at least get Richardson and maybe make a play for Honeybadger aswell.

45]

Matt VerderameVerified account @MattVerderame

FollowFollow

@MattVerderame

More

The #Chiefs should have somewhere around $14M in cap space after the Watkins deal.

IF this proves to be the case, then I'd be disappointed If we don't at least get Richardson and maybe make a play for Honeybadger aswell.

Uh still have to pay rookies, would be smart to have 5 mil in room for emergency signings once season starts, plus need to pay some low level FAs.

Matt VerderameVerified account @MattVerderame

FollowFollow @MattVerderame

More

He's probably not including rookie pool.

Nacho just got orig round tender so that knocks off about 2m. I'd guess another 2 between Sherman and Jenkins.

Probably another mil going away for Bray.

According to Spotrac we have $15,361,833 left after the Watkins and HItchens deals.  This includes factoring in the draft pool.  We should also be able to save another $2.1 million by cutting Demetrius Harris. This should allow us to pick up a couple more good free agents.

Archived