Tyler Bray may be our #2

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/03/13/kansas-city-chiefs-reportedly-interested-in-bringing-back-tyler-bray/

Kansas City Chiefs reportedly interested in bringing back Tyler Bray

by Matt Conner6 hours agoFollow @MattConnerAA

TWEET

x

COMMENT

The Kansas City Chiefs are apparently interested in bringing back Tyler Bray to serve another year or more on the team’s depth chart at quarterback.

As of press time, the Kansas City Chiefs have a hole to fill at quarterback. Actually there are two of them, the two slots behind Patrick Mahomes who has been gifted a role as the team’s starting quarterback. One of them might turn out to be a familiar face in Tyler Bray.

The Chiefs have yet to make a move to secure a quarterback although many media outlets have connected the dots between the team and free agent quarterback Chase Daniel, who actually played in Kansas City for three seasons earlier in his career. Whether or not the Chiefs end up grabbing a veteran off of the free agent market, there would still be room for Bray as the team’s third quarterback, just like he’s been since he first joined the team.

Bray began his NFL career with the Chiefs as an undrafted free agent in 2013 and outlasted every single bit of competition for the five years since, including former Chiefs picks Kevin Hogan and Aaron Murray. He did come in during Week 17 and immediately fumble, which left a sour taste in a lot of fans’ mouths. That said, Bray knows the system inside and out and has yet to really have a chance to show what he can do.

If the Chiefs sign a guy in free agency or take one in the draft it shouldn’t preclude them from signing )or not signing) Tyler Bray.

Ugh. No. No. No.

No. No words for how much i hate that idea.

Do you really want to spend valuable money on a backup? If Mahomes misses a game, Bray can throw screens and hand it off. If Mahomes misses multiple game the season is over anyway so it won’t matter.

Do you really want to spend valuable money on a backup? If Mahomes misses a game, Bray can throw screens and hand it off. If Mahomes misses multiple game the season is over anyway so it won’t matter.

Did you see Bray's first hand off when he came in to sub for PH against Denver last year? That should tell you all you need to know about that idea.

I hope we don’t sign Daniel. I’m good with Bray at 2 and spend a mid pick on a developmental kid for 3rd string.

I agree. As the number 2 he would get more reps to develop in practice too.

Everyone freaks out about the fumbled handoff. But remember that was a3rd string QB who gets no reps handing off to a fullback who never takes handoffs

Did you see Bray's first hand off when he came in to sub for PH against Denver last year? That should tell you all you need to know about that idea.

Remember Hunts first run and then fumble? Some times you just have to keep going. If the staff trust in Bray that much then something is there they like.

Everyone freaks out about the fumbled handoff.

And what do people remember about Sanchez, ah yes butt fumble.

Don't know about anyone else but I prefer to see a proven backup, I know it sounds odd, to be the Chiefs backup. Not a 5 year project that can't handle the 2nd most basic play in the play book, the 1st being the kneel down.

For those who believe if Mahomes is out for an extended period the seasin is over anyway obviously didn't see Philly or Minnesota last year. A competent backup QB could be the difference in a winning or lising season.

Archived