Tyrann Mathieau as our new FS?

He won't fit every system but sutton loves to play a single high safety so i think he'd fit ours. His last contract was over 60 mil so i would guess it depends on the price. I wouldn't pay that much for him unless it was a team friendly contract with lots of hokum backend numbers.

Gonna be interesting to see who comes In for him. A lot of teams have splashed out a lot of money so won't be able to compete because of cap reasons. While others will have decent safeties on their roster already. So I'd like to think we'd have a good chance of getting him If he's realistic during negotiations. 

Gonna be interesting to see who comes In for him. A lot of teams have splashed out a lot of money so won't be able to compete because of cap reasons.

And that's why good organizations who truly care about their vets release them early if the believe they will be picked up elsewhere. You want to screw your players let them go late.

Some stats:

From 2016-2017, Mathieu played 612 coverage snaps in the slot, and was targeted 92 times. Allowed 70 catches, 742 yards, 4 TDs & 2 INTs. 104.5 QB rating, per PFF.

Gotta make sure we land another Gaines.

Ouch. How were they using him though?

Dont you live in Arizona Balto? Whats the word on the street?

Word around here is they want him to resign at a lower price.

Seems when he did play before 2017 he played at a elite level and was worth every penny.  The problem is he has had major issues with staying healthy BEFORE this past season.  Most things I have heard is that he played 2017 more like "What ever you do don't get hurt" thus not being his true self.

He has the talent as a top 5 safety in the NFL but has really battled with injuries.  He stayed healthy all of last season and if a team can sign him to a fair contract he could give the best bang for the buck out of ANY FA's this year!  But the key would be to staying healthy

Would love to see him and Berry as our safeties. 

Archived