Woman behind fight against Washington’s NFL nickname says Chiefs should be on guard

Well, they are 15,000 years more native than you are, and their land was taken by them in a pretty heavy handed way that involved a lot of atrocities. They deserve that help. At least that is what people who are kind and generous and compassionate do according to their moral and religious teachings. Do you feel that does not apply to you, even though you enjoy your home and land and food you are able to work for and keep, things that are reverberations through time to some extent from the things taken from those indigenous people?

Damn Bil I want to meet one of those 15,000 year old person. And again those you speak of were Asians.

As far as a good life goes, my cousin who is full blooded Navajo didn't hang around the reservations nor did she drop out of school to do drugs or drink booze. She stood on her own two feet and is doing great. Can't say the same for her brothers they are all dead. One was going to Haskell dropped out went decided to go to college in Santa Fe and got killed. The other lived in his government housing in Espanola got rapped up in drugs and OD. The third got in a fight in a bar outside of San Juan Pueblo with another Indian and was killed. Sorry I am not compassionate.

Oh, my aunt, their mother was killed in her sleep and it took forever before the BIA would allow outside law enforcement to come in and investigate. Finally after 5 years of Indian law enforcement not doing anything the outside agency found the killer. It was her grandson looking for drug money. The other person with him raped her after she was dead.

Damn Bil I want to meet one of those 15,000 year old person. And again those you speak of were Asians.

As far as a good life goes, my cousin who is full blooded Navajo didn't hang around the reservations nor did she drop out of school to do drugs or drink booze. She stood on her own two feet and is doing great. Can't say the same for her brothers they are all dead. One was going to Haskell dropped out went decided to go to college in Santa Fe and got killed. The other lived in his government housing in Espanola got rapped up in drugs and OD. The third got in a fight in a bar outside of San Juan Pueblo with another Indian and was killed. Sorry I am not compassionate.

Oh, my aunt, their mother was killed in her sleep and it took forever before the BIA would allow outside law enforcement to come in and investigate. Finally after 5 years of Indian law enforcement not doing anything the outside agency found the killer. It was her grandson looking for drug money. The other person with him raped her after she was dead.

Those are sad tales.  Also, Chiefsfan, I did not intend in my post intend to impugn your compassion. For all I know, you possess a lot more of that than I do.   I do think all beings deserve compassion.  I also think that the land we enjoy in this nation once was the province of people are whose north Asian ancestors came over the Bering Strait 15,000 years ago.  Those ancestors were here before we were. All beings deserve compassion, including, you, me, and them.  Their way of life was not inherently compatible with the one we set up, and that is not even considering the gene for alcoholism that is has such a high incidence in those populations.  Most Native Americans believed that the concept of "owning land" is an absurdity.  So, they were not at all ready for succeeding in the kind of system europeans set up when we got here.  Their poverty is a direct result of that, the color of their skin, their language, and the discrimination forced on them.

Those are sad tales. Also, Chiefsfan, I did not intend in my post intend to impugn your compassion. For all I know, you possess a lot more of that than I do. I do think all beings deserve compassion. I also think that the land we enjoy in this nation once was the province of people are whose north Asian ancestors came over the Bering Strait 15,000 years ago. Those ancestors were here before we were. All beings deserve compassion, including, you, me, and them. Their way of life was not inherently compatible with the one we set up, and that is not even considering the gene for alcoholism that is has such a high incidence in those populations. Most Native Americans believed that the concept of "owning land" is an absurdity. So, they were not at all ready for succeeding in the kind of system europeans set up when we got here. Their poverty is a direct result of that, the color of their skin, their language, and the discrimination forced on them.

I know you didn't mean anything by your post, I just get frustrated when I hear people go crazy about how bad a group of people has it.

They have had hundreds of years to pull themselves up out of the dumps but they haven't. Other races and groups of people have over come worse conditions and succeeded. I believe the reason they are still having problems is because they are constantly waiting on hand outs. Not all but a majority.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to me that a person has a right not to be injured by another, but I don't believe that a person has the right not to be offended by another. Because Ms. Blackhorse is offended, she intends to injure a lot of folks. Now that's offensive!

I know you didn't mean anything by your post, I just get frustrated when I hear people go crazy about how bad a group of people has it.

They have had hundreds of years to pull themselves up out of the dumps but they haven't. Other races and groups of people have over come worse conditions and succeeded. I believe the reason they are still having problems is because they are constantly waiting on hand outs. Not all but a majority.

Well this will be my first post back. Maybe cause I'm native I take a little offense to this. Yes it's been centuries of being in the dumps. But I think since racism is still around, how can one grow unless you've been in their shoes?How can one pull themself together when there's still people wanting that person to stay down? Hand outs? Isn't welfare for everyone?

Archived