KK 810 am said we are in on Tyrann Mathieu

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More journo's are confirming it now...

Matt Derrick @mattderrick
FollowFollow @mattderrick
More

Veach says he's interested in Tyrann Matthieu if he can make the money work.

Veach further on Mathieu: "We exhaust ideas and options that maybe are completely unrealistic or maybe a 1 percent chance of ever happening. But we'll still exhaust it if it can happen. But sure, and that would be another one that maybe we already exhausted already."

He turned down a restructuring for 9m a year in Arizona, so that should give you an idea what it will take.

No, what he was, was upset that his team wanted him to take less than they promised. A person out of work sometimes changes their mind on things. He may be willing to take less this year if it meant having a job.

How much do yall think we would realistically have to spend on this guy? Surely it's not Watkin's type numbers?

Well this is his Cardinals contract:

5 year, $62,500,000 contract including a $15,500,000 signing bonus, $40,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $12,500,000

​There was a interview with him and he stated he was open to a restructure but didn't like the idea of a pay cut and taking money out of his pocket...

​That being said I'm guessing he will be looking for $12M a year but who knows what the market will look like.

There's no such thing as a promise beyond fully guaranteed money.

Like most, nobody likes being told to take a pay cut and that's what the Cards asked him to do. I know some out there hate comparing players to us normal nobodies but would you be willing to take a 10 to 20K cut if you knew you could go elsewhere? Put millions in place Ks for him. Promise is not a guarantee but when a team has a contract it's about as clise to a guarantee as your gonna get.

Well... maybe we can get him turned around. He played almost every defensive snap this past season for first time in his career. Actually had most snaps in entire NFL count ST snaps. PFF graded him out as 77 for the season which is actually about the same as patrick Peterson's grade. It should be noted that PFF grades him as a cb not a safety because Zona plays him mostly as a cb.

2016 was a total loss due to injury. ACL if i remember correctly.

2015 highest graded cb in nfl. Last great year from him. Played only 8% of total snaps at single high safety. Over 80% of snaps at cb.

Like most, nobody likes being told to take a pay cut and that's what the Cards asked him to do. I know some out there hate comparing players to us normal nobodies but would you be willing to take a 10 to 20K cut if you knew you could go elsewhere? Put millions in place Ks for him. Promise is not a guarantee but when a team has a contract it's about as clise to a guarantee as your gonna get.

Two things.

1. That contract is dependent on him performing up to the salary, which he did not.

2. I don't blame any player for getting the most money they possibly can. I just don't think we should be the ones handing out stupid deals.

That Watkins contract would say otherwise.

Really? How many top FA WRs did Dorsey bring in? How many top LB FAs did Dorsey bring in? The only big contracts Dorsey typically inked were guys on the roster already.

How many Pro Bowl players did Dorsey trade away? Veach traded 2 before FA even started.

You may not like Veach’s moves, but to say he is just like Dorsey is ridiculous. Opposites.

Archived