KK 810 am said we are in on Tyrann Mathieu

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were under the cap when the league year started today. Thats all that matters, lol.

I’m just pointing out that if we truly want to make a run at Mathieu we may be able to. Problem is that I think Veach is gonna sign Colquitt to a new deal so it might not work unless other factors come into play.

That after the “rookie pool” allocation which comes out to a bit over $5m, the Chiefs still have over $9m in cap space.

Yep. About 15 mil available using top 51 formula. Need 6 mil for draft with our current picks.

Almost 17 mil in dead money. Yeesh.

Really? How many top FA WRs did Dorsey bring in? How many top LB FAs did Dorsey bring in? The only big contracts Dorsey typically inked were guys on the roster already.

How many Pro Bowl players did Dorsey trade away? Veach traded 2 before FA even started.

You may not like Veach’s moves, but to say he is just like Dorsey is ridiculous. Opposites.

Did you forget that Jeremy Maclin ever happened? We overspent to land him, too. Than we gave up a 3+6 over it.

We made Watkins the 4th highest paid WR in the NFL. It was too much.

Did you forget that Jeremy Maclin ever happened? We overspent to land him, too. Than we gave up a 3+6 over it.

I did actually. That is about where the comparison stops.

Exactly this. Everyone was fit to be tied over Maclins pay after 2 years and we do the same thing for an injury riddled WR again. I hope Watkins pans out for us, but that's a ton of money for a WR not named Brown, Jones, or Green.

I’m just pointing out that if we truly want to make a run at Mathieu we may be able to. Problem is that I think Veach is gonna sign Colquitt to a new deal so it might not work unless other factors come into play.

Cut Bailey if need be.

He was being chased by a whole bunch of teams including the bears, jaggs, cowboys etc so he was never gonna come cheap. Also, I think we can only determine whether we "overspent" for him after he's got on the field and performed. IF he puts up big numbers next season, which he's certainly capable of, then is anyone really gonna moan about the price? I don't think so.

The Chiefs are using their 2019 cap to pay these guys big in year 2.

Right now they have 40 million for 2019.

I wonder if the Chiefs are even looking at Kyle Fuller even a little? Be curious to see if he has any interest to play with his brother?

He was being chased by a whole bunch of teams including the bears, jaggs, cowboys etc so he was never gonna come cheap. Also, I think we can only determine whether we "overspent" for him after he's got on the field and performed. IF he puts up big numbers next season, which he's certainly capable of, then is anyone really gonna moan about the price? I don't think so.

Yeah. We did this song and dance 2 years ago and now we have a high performing player that we won't be able to option year with and 5 million of dead cap to show for it.

The Chiefs are using their 2019 cap to pay these guys big in year 2.

Right now they have 40 million for 2019.

I wonder if the Chiefs are even looking at Kyle Fuller even a little? Be curious to see if he has any interest to play with his brother?

Couldn’t Veach offer Kyle a contract that has $20M base for 2019 and Bears would have to match? OR do they simply have to match the amount of years and total money?

Yeah. We did this song and dance 2 years ago and now we have a high performing player that we won't be able to option year with and 5 million of dead cap to show for it.

Forget about the past, Watkins Isn't Maclin. The fact is media folks are going wild over the potential of this offense, So why not embrace that and see what comes of it instead of being negative?

Forget about the past, Watkins Isn't Maclin. The fact is media folks are going wild over the potential of this offense, So why not embrace that and see what comes of it instead of being negative?

We made him a top 5 paid WR in the NFL off nothing but potential. It's wreckless.

He's getting around what Antonio Brown is getting on avg.

We made him a top 5 paid WR in the NFL off nothing but potential. It's wreckless.

He's getting around what Antonio Brown is getting on avg.

So you'd rather we didn't sign him then? Because as far as the money is concerned there was a race for his signature and we were never gonna get him for anything less. He also has a 1000 yard, nine TD season on his resume. So it's not just "potential", he's proven he can be a top WR and put up the numbers to go with it despite mainly playing with average QB's. 

If that was the guy they wanted, then good. We can’t say it was a bad signing yet. I know Mac broke down that second year, but he was a stud and we needed one. We roll the dice on injuries all the time. Berry and Houston and DJ bit us, but they were stud players and we needed them. Rolling with Wilson was not the right move.

I wasn’t crazy about the signing, but what I have read makes me get why they did it. If we sat back and did nothing in FA people would say same old Chiefs. We spend like crazy and people say same old Chiefs.

Fwiw, in Smellinger's latest:

"He said a deal would likely be done with punter Dustin Colquitt soon, and said the possibility of free-agent safety Tyrann Mathieu was probably exhausted."

Exhausted but not dead......muahaha

Archived