KK 810 am said we are in on Tyrann Mathieu

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like it at all, why have two high priced safeties if we can't rush the QB.  

there's still some pass rush help out there available, or they could use the first 3 picks on pass rusher

ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk 3h3 hours ago

Next up in the news....Tyrann Mathieu signs with the Cleveland Browns

Tyrann Mathieu says he'll sign with a team that has a football-first culture that's all about winning, even if that's not the team that offers him the most money

LOL smh, it really makes me laugh when football fans are more concerned about the "money", than they are about attaining a quality player!!! :D .

you've heard of this thing called the salary cap right, having two high priced safeties means you're not spending money in other positions, hence my comment about pass rushers.  So tell me this, what does it matter if we have a quality player at safety but still can't rush the passer, how much does that help the defense?

you've heard of this thing called the salary cap right, having two high priced safeties means you're not spending money in other positions, hence my comment about pass rushers.  So tell me this, what does it matter if we have a quality player at safety but still can't rush the passer, how much does that help the defense?

Having two high priced players at the same position didn't seem to hinder Denver when they had Miller and Ware - or Talib and Harris. Look at all the high priced talent across the board for the Seahawks when they were going to and winning Superbowls. Same could be said for last years Super Bowl champs. Picking up Wr's, Rb's and d-lineman like they were falling from tress. I don't care much for the money - big or small contracts. I've seen the Chiefs manage the cap very well and very poorly over the years and the one constant has been no postseason success. All I care about is will they be able to compete in January and February.

I think Sooner's point is we have a huge hole at OLB and edge rusher.  Instead of cap overkill on Safety, use it to find a good pass rusher instead.

We can always find a safety in the draft, pass rusher would be hard without a 1st round pick.

you've heard of this thing called the salary cap right, having two high priced safeties means you're not spending money in other positions, hence my comment about pass rushers. So tell me this, what does it matter if we have a quality player at safety but still can't rush the passer, how much does that help the defense?

Dude you’re taking to a wall.

Having two high priced players at the same position didn't seem to hinder Denver when they had Miller and Ware - or Talib and Harris. Look at all the high priced talent across the board for the Seahawks when they were going to and winning Superbowls. Same could be said for last years Super Bowl champs. Picking up Wr's, Rb's and d-lineman like they were falling from tress. I don't care much for the money - big or small contracts. I've seen the Chiefs manage the cap very well and very poorly over the years and the one constant has been no postseason success. All I care about is will they be able to compete in January and February.

You completely missed my point, you list Denver and talk about corners AND pass rushers which is our problem if we sign another safety and neglect our pass rush.

You completely missed my point, you list Denver and talk about corners AND pass rushers which is our problem if we sign another safety and neglect our pass rush.

I didn't miss your point.  I'm saying you can have significant investments in talent at multiple positions and still add talent elsewhere.  One does not preclude the other if done wisely.  Maybe I misunderstood your argument, but it seemed you were implying that if the Chiefs spent a chunk of change on another DB they would not be able to invest in a corner and/or pass rusher as well.  History disproves that theory - if that is what you were saying.

Er isn't there that thing called the "draft" as well? Getting Honeybadger now would be a long-term investment worth making IMO as when Berry goes he'll be able to become the natural leader of the defense. Veach said he'd do it "if the money is right", so why moan about it? I'm not saying we should break the bank, but I'd rather think about the possibilities of what the team could be with the player, rather than try to act like a bank manager on a football forum tbh :D

Er isn't there that thing called the "draft" as well? Getting Honeybadger now would be a long-term investment worth making IMO as when Berry goes he'll be able to become the natural leader of the defense. Veach said he'd do it "if the money is right", so why moan about it? I'm not saying we should break the bank, but I'd rather think about the possibilities of what the team could be with the player, rather than try to act like a bank manager on a football forum tbh :D .

I think i would have to be convinced that honey badger would be a good signing. Zona used him the last 2 years the same way we use berry so why do we need 2 guys like that. When he lined up single high or in man coverage he did not look good. He's now 2 seasons removed from being great. Maybe if the price is right since he is versatile. I just don't think the price will be right.

Er isn't there that thing called the "draft" as well? Getting Honeybadger now would be a long-term investment worth making IMO as when Berry goes he'll be able to become the natural leader of the defense. Veach said he'd do it "if the money is right", so why moan about it? I'm not saying we should break the bank, but I'd rather think about the possibilities of what the team could be with the player, rather than try to act like a bank manager on a football forum tbh :D

Right, let's ignore a glaring hole for a long term investment to take over for a player we already have who is the best in that position.  Instead let's put our hopes in fixing the pass rush with our first pick at #54 because there should be plenty waiting for us there at day 2.  Brilliant logic!

I'd also like to think what the possibilities would be if we could sign Suh, maybe trade for Von Miller and bring in Gronk as our second TE but unlike you and your bank manager comparison which makes no sense this doesn't either.

Right, let's ignore a glaring hole for a long term investment to take over for a player we already have who is the best in that position.  Instead let's put our hopes in fixing the pass rush with our first pick at #54 because there should be plenty waiting for us there at day 2.  Brilliant logic!

I'd also like to think what the possibilities would be if we could sign Suh, maybe trade for Von Miller and bring in Gronk as our second TE but unlike you and your bank manager comparison which makes no sense this doesn't either.

So which pass rusher you getting In the current FA? Name them!!!..if you can't, then your point makes no sense whatsoever. 

We aren't going to be able to retool this defense in one offseason. Gonna be a process to do it right in my opinion. We need to draft either a CB, OLB or DL and then do it with our first and maybe second rounder next year as well. 

Archived