KK 810 am said we are in on Tyrann Mathieu

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Veach confirming that we are interested, I genuinely think we have a chance here. I just think it's a matter of where HB wants to go. I don't see many of the other "big" teams getting into the race tbh. Cowboys don't have cap space, neither does GB, Jaggs already have their safeties, Pats don't really do big splashes like this, Pitt seems well set etc. I really do think we have a chance. 

With Veach confirming that we are interested, I genuinely think we have a chance here. I just think it's a matter of where HB wants to go. I don't see many of the other "big" teams getting into the race tbh. Cowboys don't have cap space, neither does GB, Jaggs already have their safeties, Pats don't really do big splashes like this, Pitt seems well set etc. I really do think we have a chance. 

G Men  are thought to be the #1 place since they run a Bruce Arians (sp?) defense

https://247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-Free-Agency-New-York-Giants-are-no-1-landing-spot-for-Tyrann-Mathieu-116262030

NFL.com: Giants are the No. 1 landing spot for Tyrann Mathieu The New York Giants are the top landing spot for Tyrann Mathieu, at least according to NFL.com. 

1. New York Giants: Who was running Bruce Arians' defense when Mathieu was in the 2015 Defensive Player of the Year discussion? That would be new Giants coordinator James Bettcher, who knows how to maximize Mathieu's unique skill set.

•  

But they aren't a winning team OT. Giants sticking with Eli will ensure that :D

I honestly would be surprised If he chose them over us. I mean don't we have the third best regular season record In the NFL behind Pats and Pitt over the last four or so years? NY aren't winning their division for a while IMO with Philly doing well right now and the Boys looking to improve.

1. You provided a list you were clearly not confident in and tried to get out of it by saying "we can save the money"

2. Er will there be any quality safeties next year in FA like there is now?

You can't seem to fathom that Sutton's defenses are heavily reliant on guess what? SAFETIES!!!..but hey, "I haven't watched football long" apparently (another childish insult) and you obviously have......

Get out of what, I still stick by that. You know who the best safeties we’ve picked up in recent years, they were guys like Abdullah and when we converted Parker over. We don’t need a Star next to Berry, we just need a solid guy. What we do need another pass rusher, even if it is an average one because I’m pretty sure we would have rather seen any of those guys or a bigger FA in the playoff game last year.

You’re probably the same person that cries in a year about the pass rush if we did wrap up to much money in safeties, your tunnel vision approach doesn’t work.

Get out of what, I still stick by that. You know who the best safeties we’ve picked up in recent years, they were guys like Abdullah and when we converted Parker over. We don’t need a Star next to Berry, we just need a solid guy. What we do need another pass rusher, even if it is an average one because I’m pretty sure we would have rather seen any of those guys or a bigger FA in the playoff game last year.

You’re probably the same person that cries in a year about the pass rush if we did wrap up to much money in safeties, your tunnel vision approach doesn’t work.

I've also been calling for Tre Boston, So honey Bagder isn't the only guy on my radar. I just think that IF we can find the money then we should go for it. You disagree? Ok, that's fine, let's agree to disagree then. 

well if I were him I'd want to play for the Steelers or Pats too..

He'll never get a decent contract out of NE and he's at the point in his career to want a good one. Pittsburgh isn't what it once was. Yes they have Bell and Brown but that's about it. Ben's on the decline, Bell still hasn't been paid and Tomlin is starting to lose it.

None of them will be as young as Honey badger though. I also believe we need a new safety THIS year and not next year.

Some are quite young, I named just a few and many have less injury history. If we get him great but if we don't there is always the draft and a lot next year in F A. Not the end of the world.

Hell yes.  It's worked in the past.

I dig the badger, but I think his price tag is going to be way too high.

Who's going to be the best safety available when we pick in the 2nd?  When I heard they let Parker go, my immediate reaction was, "they're going safety with their first pick."

Draft experts chime in, would love to hear your thoughts.

Hell yes. It's worked in the past.

Who's going to be the best safety available when we pick in the 2nd? When I heard they let Parker go, my immediate reaction was, "they're going safety with their first pick."

Give you an idea but there are more links out there too

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018S.php

Hell yes. It's worked in the past.

Who's going to be the best safety available when we pick in the 2nd? When I heard they let Parker go, my immediate reaction was, "they're going safety with their first pick."

Abdullah was a stud. He wasn’t a product of berry.

But they aren't a winning team OT. Giants sticking with Eli will ensure that :D .

I honestly would be surprised If he chose them over us. I mean don't we have the third best regular season record In the NFL behind Pats and Pitt over the last four or so years? NY aren't winning their division for a while IMO with Philly doing well right now and the Boys looking to improve.

That goes back to 2013 with Alex Smiths first season here.

There's not much realistically available in the pass rush free agent market. It is a much bigger need than DB, but getting Mathieu fills a hole too and is a better player than most pass rushers available.

Most big names are guys 27 or much older.

Look for the Chiefs to add a younger, lesser known edge player with potential.

Archived