Is anyone against moves Veach is making?

The Watkins signing doesn't surprise me. Did you all forget the drops and alligator arms in the playoffs, not to mention how the passing game went into the toilet after Kelce went out. The Chiefs needed a viable 3rd receiver and it's obvious the team didn't believe they had one on the team.

Exactly. Plus we are one injury away from any of those key guys down. Quality Depth!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the moves. The money seems high but you have to pay more in the firs wave of FA and LBs like Hitchens don't just grow on trees. We now have our thumper and cover lbs and quite possible the most dangerous wr duo in the league. Pat will struggle but he's going to throw for a ton of TDs and yards. Defenses had a hard time stopping (Hill, Kelce, and Hunt). We add Ware and Watkins....dang!

The only move I found questionable was the one he didn't make. Wilkerson 1 year for 5 million is a head scratcher. That is exactly the kind of deal we needed and he knows Sutton scheme. Can't fully blame him though not knowing all the details.

Regardless we can't judge him this year anyways not in terms of the cap. Gonna have to wait and see how he manages it over the next couple years. Hope he learned drom Dorseys mistakes while maintaining Dorsey's excellent eye for talent and finding diamonds in the rough. So far so good imo.

Wilkerson is a moron is why and basically quit on the Jets.  They're not going to go with players like that.

"Who knows... maybe we'll be back in the first round." Not sure if that could be called a preference but this is the actual quote.

Overstated on my end for sure. Sam Mellinger said Veach “hinted st trying to trade back into first round”. Not exactly a bold statement but I transformed that into “prefers”. My bad!

Question, why do so many people care what the Chiefs spend on these players? It's not any of our money and the Chiefs are in great cap space, especially next year when they can load up these deals and have.

What do you expect to happen in free agency? All the best players be signed for the best deal for the Chiefs? We know that's not going to happen.

Sammy Watkins and Hitchens will count for at most, $13 million against the cap in 2018.

Young guys that if they stay healthy should be ascending as players during their contracts. Dorsey had a tendency to pay players based on what they had already done, these type moves seem more based on what Veach thinks they will do. Big difference. One thing ee absolutely don’t want though is a lack of CAP flexibility year to year. Stacking contracts in the right way is something we’ve lacked and Veach must

Improve on.

Question, why do so many people care what the Chiefs spend on these players? It's not any of our money and the Chiefs are in great cap space, especially next year when they can load up these deals and have.

What do you expect to happen in free agency? All the best players be signed for the best deal for the Chiefs? We know that's not going to happen.

Sammy Watkins and Hitchens will count for at most, $13 million against the cap in 2018.

I bring it up only because of how some bitched about the way Dorsey handled things with the cap. You are correct in saying these moves don’t affect the Chiefs so much in 2018, but in 2019 and beyond the Chiefs are taking the brunt of these contracts. Certainly time will tell. I’m all for these moves as long as they work out - lol.

I bring it up only because of how some bitched about the way Dorsey handled things with the cap. You are correct in saying these moves don’t affect the Chiefs so much in 2018, but in 2019 and beyond the Chiefs are taking the brunt of these contracts. Certainly time will tell. I’m all for these moves as long as they work out - lol.

OTC and spotrac differ, but between the two, they state KC has anywhere from 40m to 57m in cap space next year with the Watkins and Hitchins deals figured in.

They're fine.

Question, why do so many people care what the Chiefs spend on these players?  It's not any of our money and the Chiefs are in great cap space, especially next year when they can load up these deals and have.

What do you expect to happen in free agency?  All the best players be signed for the best deal for the Chiefs?  We know that's not going to happen.

With the strict cap and spending 99% of it the money will go somewhere regardless. Some people prefer it to be spent elsewhere rather than staying in Hunt's pocket. 

The Peters trade is still a head scratcher for me but I’ve really liked the Watkins and Hutchins signing, they were two massive needs that we filled with good players.

After all the coach speak, the shouting match between Peters and Sutton, coaches saying press man coverage is back, and watching Peters play 15 yards off what seemed like all the time... Is it possible Peters wasn't playing press man at times when he was supposed to?

If the Chiefs want to get Mathieu Sorensen is a goner

no, he won't get cut.  It's costs more to cut him than to keep him.   Plus, we would just have to sign/draft someone to replace Sorenson.

Keep him 1 more year and then cut him when it doesn't cost so much to do so.

Dorsey was also giving out big contracts to third contract declining guys like Tamba, DJ and Charles. Anthony Sherman would be a concern if we gave him a big guarantee, but that’s highly unlikely. The 2018 Cbiefs will be one of the youngest rosters in franchise history.

Now that we have a good team, I think we can afford to go get other players for shorter contracts and those two are already here will take less money because they are in a winning situation that they can earn more years. I think that Dorsey felt, right or wrong way, that he had to pay to keep the players that we had because your team looked bad.

I'm not sure if Dorsey would eventually sign shorter deals as we got better, but I guess we'll never know. Or we won't know until years from now. He took over Cleveland team that is worse than we were. I know we have some good players before he came, but execution and perception wasn't there.

Now that we have a good team, I think we can afford to go get other players for shorter contracts and those two are already here will take less money because they are in a winning situation that they can earn more years. I think that Dorsey felt, right or wrong way, that he had to pay to keep the players that we had because your team looked bad.

I'm not sure if Dorsey would eventually sign shorter deals as we got better, but I guess we'll never know. Or we won't know until years from now. He took over Cleveland team that is worse than we were. I know we have some good players before he came, but execution and perception wasn't there.

These shorter contracts expire when Mahomes will be up for big money. Not a coincidence. 5th year option on mahomes will be big money. We have 3 cheap years. Go hog wild for those 3 years while maintaining some flexibility for 2nd contracts on tyreek, jones and maybe some others. Smart business. So far veach has a good plan.

Archived