Chad Henne and Matt Moore

Can someone tell me why Henne is even in the picture?  Never very good and hasn't played in a game in 3 years....

Most backup QBs are looking for starting roles with so many teams in need of a QB and it's not common to find guys like Foles for cheap. Henne/Moore is a matter of money as neither will cost much while providing a veteran backup who has been around for a while. Even though people would want to see a solid starter caliber backup that's not really possible in FA especially with a young QB in town. 

Can someone tell me why Henne is even in the picture? Never very good and hasn't played in a game in 3 years....

He does have 51 more starts and better skills than Chase Daniel and a lot people wanted him. We are clearly just looking for a competent short term veteran backup at this point. Really hope that third spot goes to a legit developmental guy.

Rather have kap than these two shitters.. I can’t believe the guys who get jobs qb’ing in the nfl.

Why subject ourselves to a clear sideshow distraction for a backup QB who many in the Niners organization will tell you is mostly in it to keep himself relevant t. And worse subject Mahomes to this. Andy Feid

couldn’t care less about public perception, but he does care about team chemistry

He does have 51 more starts and better skills than Chase Daniel and a lot people wanted him. We are clearly just looking for a competent short term veteran backup at this point. Really hope that third spot goes to a legit developmental guy.

All we need is a babysitter who can sit and help mahomes in film review, hold a clipboard, help mahomes find holes in the D during games, and maybe fill in a game or 2 if necessary.

Oh and help with the development of our new rookie.

No big whoop. Henne can do that. Haven't followed Moore lately but i did like him at one point.

All we need is a babysitter who can sit and help mahomes in film review, hold a clipboard, help mahomes find holes in the D during games, and maybe fill in a game or 2 if necessary.

Oh and help with the development of our new rookie.

No big whoop. Henne can do that. Haven't followed Moore lately but i did like him at one point.

I think there are different things you can be looking for in a backup, including a younger guy who legitimately aspires to be a starter somewhere. Philly cutting Chase to go with Foles was exactly that. Clearly if we are looking at players like Henne and Moore that’s not the case. I’d say we are looking for a guy who understands his primary role is to support Mahomes.

Archived