Colquitt re-signed for 3 years

Seth said on twitter, assuming incentives are hard to meet, puts him at $2.5M per year which is 10th in the league.  Not bad.  According to Rotoworld he netted 41.1 yards last year, his career high apparently.  

Seth said on twitter, assuming incentives are hard to meet, puts him at $2.5M per year which is 10th in the league. Not bad. According to Rotoworld he netted 41.1 yards last year, his career high apparently.

Fair contract.

I was in favor of cutting colquitt midway through last season. He seems very close to done to me. I am expecting one too many shanked punts than we can stand this year.

Dont really understand spending the 2.5 mil on colquitt vs .5 mil for a rookie.

420 plus punts out of just a little over 1000 punts inside the 20 is why. Is a rookie going to come in and be that kind of punter in this draft? If not, you resign the guy that can.

I was in favor of cutting colquitt midway through last season. He seems very close to done to me. I am expecting one too many shanked punts than we can stand this year.

Dont really understand spending the 2.5 mil on colquitt vs .5 mil for a rookie.

Not sure which punts you are referring to but Colquitt was great yet again in 2017. Veach should always look for punters to be able to replace Colquitt if needed but unless there's a dramatic drop in performance that's very unlikely. They did bring in a promising youngster last year but couldn't replace Colquitt at a high cap figure. 

Not sure which punts you are referring to but Colquitt was great yet again in 2017. Veach should always look for punters to be able to replace Colquitt if needed but unless there's a dramatic drop in performance that's very unlikely. They did bring in a promising youngster last year but couldn't replace Colquitt at a high cap figure.

I can’t tell you specifically which punts but i distinctly remember the first 6 games last year thinking he was done.

I guarantee you veach was debating cutting him last season

I was an advocate for moving on, but last year his 45.2 average and only 24 returns is arguably a career year.

It is a fair contract and he has not started to decline yet.

I think his net average is hindered by the fact that the Chiefs have used him wisely though out his career and he is SOOOO GOOD at kicking inside the 10 yard line. How many times through out his career did we see him punting from around the 45-50 yard line and dropping it inside the 10? That is going to kill your average when you do it as frequently as he did it through out his career. Whenever the Chiefs needed him to kick long he has been able to do it consistently. Last year he was kicking longer more frequently, but at the same time the Chiefs offense was driving the ball down the field more; so they were kicking more field goals rather than take the delay of game penalty to back up the line of scrimmage and give Dustin room on a drop the ball on a dime.

That's my thoughts without going into a deep dive of reviewing stats and film.

Archived