Raiders add WR Jordy Nelson and RB Doug Martin, cut WR Michael Crabtree

KC Warpaint

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have given their offense a new look, adding wide receiver Jordy Nelson while releasing receiver Michael Crabtree, sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter. They also added running back Doug Martin.

Nelson will get a two-year, $15 million deal, a source tells Schefter, including $13 million guaranteed.

Terms of the Martin deal are not yet known, though the Raiders will save more than $7.68 million against the salary cap with the release of Crabtree, who was due base salaries of $7 million and $7.5 million in 2018 and 2019, respectively.

If I had to guess cutting Crabtree was probably more about his attitude than his performance. He's pretty solid though unspectacular, Jordy Nelson is apparently great in the lockerroom, probably the type that Gruden wants around.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Gruden is trying to change the culture a little.

If I had to guess cutting Crabtree was probably more about his attitude than his performance. He's pretty solid though unspectacular, Jordy Nelson is apparently great in the lockerroom, probably the type that Gruden wants around.

Good at the sticks and good in the red zone.

Archived