Thomas Rawls visiting Chiefs today

Terez hinted that we could be going after another RB. I wonder If Ware hasn't recovered yet? Or will they cut West or Hunt?

I am sure West & A. Hunt are considered very expendable.. I know nothing of the Rawls guy but if he's a bigger Back then Maybe Ware is on the bubble

I am sure West & A. Hunt are considered very expendable.. I know nothing of the Rawls guy but if he's a bigger Back then Maybe Ware is on the bubble

Terez hinted that we could be going after another RB. I wonder If Ware hasn't recovered yet? Or will they cut West or Hunt?

Nick Jacobs @Jacobs71 2m2 minutes ago

For those asking why Thomas Rawls is reportedly in KC. IMO it’s because Charcandrick West has a $2.036M cap hit & Spencer Ware has a $1.833M cap hit. Ware is coming off a knee injury. West price tag vs production doesn’t mesh well.

We need another back considering west and a. Hunt are near worthless.

If spencer ware returns close to full strength him and kareem are a great 1. 2. Duo, but we need another capable back in the mix.

That being said no reason to pay much because a #3 back should be easily found in the draft.

The real mistake was not claiming alex collins after the seahwaks released him last year

West contributes next to nothing. He was atrocious carrying the ball and adequate catching it. This team has plenty of pass catchers, but no competent runners outside of Hunt. I’d call ware competent, not great, but he is coming off of a significant injury. Akeem Hunt should survive over West because he’s cheaper and contributes more on special teams. I firmly believe West was on his way to the cut list last year when Ware went down. West is another scar back like DAT. We don’t need two of them.

Interesting move as he doesn't look like a guy who can replace West. Even though West doesn't get much work he's still more of a receiver out of the backfield. Rawls is closer to Ware's role so I wouldn't be surprised if there's something wrong with Ware. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see West traded for a late pick though.

Archived