Honey Badger to Houston

gballs

The Texans weren't mentioned in anything I've read for the past 2 days.

I saw several reports mention the Texans. Like this:

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/Bolt/Report-Raiders-among-seven-teams-interested-in-Tyrann-Mathieu-116320629

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921247/article/seven-potential-landing-spots-for-tyrann-mathieu

Also read where J.J. Watt made a personal plea to Mathieu to come play for the Texans.

While HB is a talented guy, he basically plays the same game as Berry. Both play best in the box, are sure tacklers and above all are just OK in coverage. Berry has made some strides in that regard but when he started, he was getting badly skilled by the better TEs. KC would probably prefer a ball hawking type who with good ball skills and good tackling ability.

I thought the tweet to not sleep on Mathieu and the Chiefs was suspect. When I questioned the source all I heard about was how impeccable the credentials were. I questioned it all along as not a high probability. Therefore I am neither surprised or dismayed by the fact he signed somewhere else. I wished I had said Houston as that was my guess but oh well.

The Chiefs had interest, but they just couldn't swing that much for him. We blew our wad with Hitchens and Watkins.

Veach is really trying to avoid the kicking the can down the road approach.

The Chiefs had interest, but they just couldn't swing that much for him. We blew our wad with Hitchens and Watkins.

Veach is really trying to avoid the kicking the can down the road approach.

Based on the contract he signed there had to be more to it than just dollars don't ya think?

I think he would want a little more in a multi year deal but definitely would be willing to give him something like 25 over the next 3 years. I'm guessing he's trying to make a splash in 2019 in which case playing next to Berry in 2018 is probably the best way to secure a nice deal so we could may be get him for less in a 1-year deal?

I think he would want a little more in a multi year deal but definitely would be willing to give him something like 25 over the next 3 years. I'm guessing he's trying to make a splash in 2019 in which case playing next to Berry in 2018 is probably the best way to secure a nice deal so we could may be get him for less in a 1-year deal?

Sith...this is a thread about the fact that he signed in Houston.

Archived