Who else Is out there?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titans released DT Sylvester Williams.

Williams signed a three-year, $16.5 million deal last March. He was due a $2.5 million roster bonus coming off a middling first season in Tennessee, so the Titans are moving on. Releasing Williams saves just over $3 million in cap space. Williams should resurface as a nose tackle in 3-4 schemes.

Titans released DT Sylvester Williams.

Williams signed a three-year, $16.5 million deal last March. He was due a $2.5 million roster bonus coming off a middling first season in Tennessee, so the Titans are moving on. Releasing Williams saves just over $3 million in cap space. Williams should resurface as a nose tackle in 3-4 schemes.

Could be an option.   I don't like the idea of counting on a rookie to fill the NT position all by himself.   

We lost another player.

Jets signed LB Kevin Pierre-Louis to a two-year, $6 million contract.

The deal comes with $2.5 million guaranteed, locking Pierre-Louis into a roster spot. Pierre-Louis made 41 tackles on 272 sub-package snaps with Kansas City last year. He'll open 2018 in a backup and special teams role.

One of the Chiefs blog reporters tweeted this:

Important to note that Hankins agent has a sketchy reputation. Might be looking for far too much $$$ for the Chiefs to have a shot.

He writes for Chiefs Wire I think

One of the Chiefs blog reporters tweeted this:

Important to note that Hankins agent has a sketchy reputation. Might be looking for far too much $$$ for the Chiefs to have a shot.

He writes for Chiefs Wire I think

Well just last year he signed a 3 year $27M with $14M guaranteed deal. ($9M avg)

Chiefs paid Bennie $8M last year and I see Hankins a HUGE upgrade over him.

I’d offer Hankins a 4 year $40M with $20M guaranteed

DT market:

Poe-3 years for $27M

Star-5 years for $50M, $25M guaranteed

Richardson- 1 year $8M

Give Hankins $10M avg per year and move on.

If Bennie Logan is our NT next season tou can expect the same lack of disruption from our d line. This sucks.

The draft is a viable option and cheaper. I think Veach wants to get young on DL.

Well just last year he signed a 3 year $27M with $14M guaranteed deal. ($9M avg)

DT market:

Poe-3 years for $27M

Richardson- 1 year $8M

Lol you don't have to pay him more than the Colts did.

Just offer the same deal he got cut from.

Every year price goes up.

Yes, but the NT class in the draft last year was completely horrendous.  That's why the Chiefs dropped 8m on a one year rental of Bennie Logan, even though we were 100% cap strapped.

The draft class is better, and the DL market is somewhat reflecting that.  Suh release, Richardson taking less than he was asking, Colts releasing a healthy Hankins, Bennie Logan getting literally zero FA traction  etc.

Yes, but the NT class in the draft last year was completely horrendous.  That's why the Chiefs dropped 8m on a one year rental of Bennie Logan, even though we were 100% cap strapped.

The draft class is better, and the DL market is somewhat reflecting that.  Suh release, Richardson taking less than he was asking, Colts releasing a healthy Hankins, Bennie Logan getting literally zero FA traction  etc.

So your saying draft a NT? Who and what round? How many years till he starts/makes a impact for the team?

DT market:

Poe-3 years for $27M

Richardson- 1 year $8M

I wouldn't give a 2 down NT that kind of money.

Archived