Who else Is out there?

I agree Pala that we need to draft a NT but it will take any of those guys at least a year if not more. We can sign Hankins to a 3 year deal that we can get out of in two and the guy we draft this year takes over and Hankins cap goes bye bye right when we need to resign others.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So your saying draft a NT? Who and what round? How many years till he starts/makes a impact for the team?

You have a bunch of options in this draft.

Settle and BJ Hill in the 3rd.

Norton, McKenzie, Frazier, Lampkin, Senat, Gilmore and the younger Lotulelei are all Day 3 options. That's a lot of options.

You also got big fat meat mountain Elam that will probably be a priority FA.

You have a bunch of options in this draft.

Settle and BJ Hill in the 3rd.

Norton, McKenzie, Frazier, Lampkin, Senat, Gilmore and the younger Lotulelei are all Day 3 options. That's a lot of options.

You also got big fat meat mountain Elam that will probably be a priority FA.

I was wondering where Settle would be drafted next month. Thanks for letting me know. Now I dont have to watch.

Grunny just mentioned some ex Pro Bowl center from Baltimore thats out there. He thought that would be a good signing and move Morse to Guard

Jensen signed 4 years for 42 million with Tampa Bay.

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/44028/ravens-67-million-offensive-line-factory-loses-another-in-ryan-jensen

I guess Grunny was a day late and the Chiefs I doubt have that kinda cash laying around..thats a lot of money for a center

I honestly dont think he is depth. I think he is likely our starter. Looks like a player that just needs a chance and more snaps. Played well last year.

Guess we'll see how they view him once the contract comes out. It was enough the cards didn't match it so who knows.

I think DL in the draft is pretty obvious at this point. I wasn't sure about how much they liked Nunez-Roches but giving him an original round tender instead of a modest multi-year deal means that he'll likely be gone after this season. Considering Bailey is entering the last year of his deal we could see a Chris Jones type pickup in the draft to rotate in 2018 and start in 2019. This is a pretty good DL class with some decent names in mid rounds so that might be the place to go. 

I think DL in the draft is pretty obvious at this point. I wasn't sure about how much they liked Nunez-Roches but giving him an original round tender instead of a modest multi-year deal means that he'll likely be gone after this season. Considering Bailey is entering the last year of his deal we could see a Chris Jones type pickup in the draft to rotate in 2018 and start in 2019. This is a pretty good DL class with some decent names in mid rounds so that might be the place to go.

Andy spoke out heavily about RNR. I think he’ll be around

Andy spoke out heavily about RNR. I think he’ll be around

I think they want him around and IMO he would be a good guy to retain for the right price. Did well as he got more work load and will probably be our top rotational guy this year. I think he might be looking for a starting role/money and if he can do well in TC we could see an early extension but wouldn't be surprised if he prefers the FA after seeing the Wilson-deal. 

I think they want him around and IMO he would be a good guy to retain for the right price. Did well as he got more work load and will probably be our top rotational guy this year. I think he might be looking for a starting role/money and if he can do well in TC we could see an early extension but wouldn't be surprised if he prefers the FA after seeing the Wilson-deal.

Yes I imagine the WR market probably factors heavily into his decision making going forward.

Looks like there's still some DB market out there. It might be a good time to pick up a Safety like Reid or Boston with a prove it deal. It won't be easy to fix multiple DB and DL needs in the draft so a stop gap is always useful and we could get a comp. pick in 2020 in the process. 

Archived