Players interviewed by Chiefs at the Combine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/05/list-of-players-interviewed-by-chiefs-at-2018-nfl-combine/amp/

How often does a player that the Chiefs have formally interviewed get drafted? This list is very telling about which positions they think they need to fill in this upcoming draft. Or so it would seem.

Definitely. These are the positions they could most likely draft and it might be one of these guys. The only time I can remember that this board was collectively stumped was when the Chiefs unexpectedly drafted Dee Ford. He was not even informally interviewed by the Chiefs. I think he was even surprised.

Could we draft Orlando Brown at pick #54 and move Eric Fisher to guard.

Actually much more realistic to do the opposite and move Brown to guard. Fisher is light years ahead of where Brown is at tackle right now. Plus his lack of speed is a problem in our offense.

They have to replace at least four more defensive positions including a starter at NT. I expect a DT with the 2nd round pick, unless they move up in the draft which, based on the extremely fluid off season, could be a real possibility.

They have to replace at least four more defensive positions including a starter at NT. I expect a DT with the 2nd round pick, unless they move up in the draft which, based on the extremely fluid off season, could be a real possibility.

Are there any DL in this draft that played similar to NT in college? If so I would guess he's a top candidate for us but I think a free agent is more likely if we can find a guy. Rookie linemen are always shaky and 3-4 isn't something they are familiar with. 

Either way, I just think if he drops we should take advantage of it if he falls to #54.

I wouldn't even mind moving up someone like him. Mahomes looks like he could do some amazing things with a decent pocket and strong fatties are critical in that area. 

Also even though I doubt they are considering it but Fisher saves over 8 million in cap next season.

Are there any DL in this draft that played similar to NT in college? If so I would guess he's a top candidate for us but I think a free agent is more likely if we can find a guy. Rookie linemen are always shaky and 3-4 isn't something they are familiar with.

What about this guy? #98 B.J Hill, DT, North Carolina State, 6’3, 321 lb.

The lines blur a lot, as even college squads run more sub packages.

Archived