Chiefs Hosting Xavier Williams

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting tweet HERE about Williamson.

Pff leader in run stop percentage among DTs. Limited sample size so we'll see if that holds up. PFF really seems to like him.

Hope we didn't overpay. If not, looks to be a great signing. Kid looks like he's on the cusp of a breakout.

Looks like he is going to be the starting NT, this is the title on ESPN.

Kansas City Chiefs' 2018 free agency: Xavier Williams will be tasked with starting at nose tackle

Meh, looks like another negative pov by Teicher.

The Chiefs havent announced this and Teicher is only saying this because Williams is the only NT on the roster.

I doubt this signing means the Chiefs don't draft any DL because if Williams.

The Chiefs havent announced this and Teicher is only saying this because Williams is the only NT on the roster.

What are you talking about? This guy would likely start even if they do draft another nose tackle. Hes got experience and was a damn good run stopper last year. Why do they have to announce what is pretty obvious right now? Hes our starting nose tackle.

What are you talking about? This guy would likely start even if they do draft another nose tackle. Hes got experience and was a damn good run stopper last year. Why do they have to announce what is pretty obvious right now? Hes our starting nose tackle.

He's only the "starter" because there's no other NT on the roster and it's March 20th.

He played well last year and I just don't want this to deter them for trying to beef up the DL in the draft.

He's only the "starter" because there's no other NT on the roster and it's March 20th.

He played well last year and I just want this to deter them for trying to beef up the DL in the draft.

It's not going to deter anything. He is a NT and we still need some DE.

Even though DB or OL looks to be more likely early on assuming we pick a NT I doubt a late 2nd guy will be coming in to start from day one. Even Chris Jones needed a a full year to become a starter in this scheme and he's playing an easier position.

I agree that DL is a likely pick but will probably be a rotational guy for at least a year. I'm guessing they are currently considering Bailey and Jones for sub packages which is pretty much half the snaps so they might not be putting as much emphasis on the NT position for now. It could all change in case of a top talent dropping to us but unless that happens I doubt Chiefs will have a different approach.

He's rotational at best. May be a camp casualty especially when we trade up for Vita Vea.

Arizona tendered him so he would have made over 1.9 million there on a 1 year. Which means at minimum we are paying him 2 million this year. And it would be hard to believe that they wouldnt match another 100k on a contract, so its likely higher than that. Does that sound "rotational at best" to you?

Arizona tendered him so he would have made over 1.9 million there on a 1 year. Which means at minimum we are paying him 2 million this year. And it would be hard to believe that they wouldnt match another 100k on a contract, so its likely higher than that. Does that sound "rotational at best" to you?

RNR is counting 1.9 against the cap, he is a rotational guy. I think this is our starter but they wanted competition and depth for anyone they may draft to develop for a year. Might be this guy is depth next year if a drafted guy is our next Jones that takes a year to develop. Maybe this guy finally takes a step forward and we get a great FA signing? Who knows until we see it played out.

RNR is counting 1.9 against the cap, he is a rotational guy. I think this is our starter but they wanted competition and depth for anyone they may draft to develop for a year. Might be this guy is depth next year if a drafted guy is our next Jones ths t takes a year to develop. Maybe this guy finally takes a step forward and we get a great FA signing? Who knows until we see it played out.

All are in the realm of possibilities. I think the emphasis is on the "rotational at best" while being a possible "camp casualty" comments. It's clear that Chiefs are viewing Williams as at least a rotational guy if not a starter. RNR is a good comparison IMO. The only difference for Williams is that as far as we know there's no better NT on the roster so he's our starter for now. 

Williams will start.  They signed Charles and have some developmental guys, like Augusta.

DE is probably set with C. Jones, Bailey, J. Jones, and RNR.

They could draft a nose for the the future.  I like Kendrick Norton in round 4.

All are in the realm of possibilities. I think the emphasis is on the "rotational at best" while being a possible "camp casualty" comments. It's clear that Chiefs are viewing Williams as at least a rotational guy if not a starter. RNR is a good comparison IMO. The only difference for Williams is that as far as we know there's no better NT on the roster so he's our starter for now.

This is is exactly what I meant. Thank you.

You said earlier he got 249 snaps last season.  He played 11 games.  That's like 22 snaps a game.  It'd be a lot for him to come from that to instant starter. 

Hopefully he gets his work and reps in mini camp, OTAs and TC and can become a legit starter.

I would still like a NT and DE to be drafted so we can cut a couple of the back end guys on DL(or even Bailey for cap space).

You said earlier he got 249 snaps last season.  He played 11 games.  That's like 22 snaps a game.  It'd be a lot for him to come from that to instant starter. 

Hopefully he gets his work and reps in mini camp, OTAs and TC and can become a legit starter.

I would still like a NT and DE to be drafted so we can cut a couple of the back end guys on DL(or even Bailey for cap space).

Yeah I hope they do too. Bailey has been pretty crappy the last 2 years. Im very surprised they are willing to carry his 8 million dollar cap number.

Yeah I hope they do too. Bailey has been pretty crappy the last 2 years. Im very surprised they are willing to carry his 8 million dollar cap number.

Beggars cant be choosers ..if we have some guys shine early in camp you might see them cut him

Costs 2m to cut, saves just under 6m.  I looked, there's no difference if cut after June 1.

Costs 2m to cut, saves just under 6m.  I looked, there's no difference if cut after June 1.

Tells you how thin the market is for good 5 tech guys. We will drasft his replacement. Hopefully they can find ssomeone who will be able to stop the run and rush the passer. Not easy to find 34 DEs that can do both well.

Archived